Caribou Gear

Alone Season 7 has started

This is the first season I've starting watching. Interesting, but a bit slow. I also went back and watched seasons 1 and 2. I did have a few questions that I had to google to get answers. The contestants do get regular visits for medical checkout. Starts at once a week and then usually 2-3 times a week. So there is a bit of human contact but not much. I'd probably fall in line with many of the contestants. Stay for a few weeks, get really, really bored and then ask why you are doing it and tap out.

Once again "Alone" has started a new season. It is shown on the History Chanel. Oldtimers from HuntTalk will perhaps recognize a couple of threads regarding this show, as a member from here (not active recently) was a contestant on one of the Vancouver Island episodes.

And another thread as season three was kicking off..... https://www.hunttalk.com/threads/alone.272539/

This new season repeats last season's location with contestants being dropped off along Great Slave lake in NWT Canada with winter time approaching. 10 survivalists who self film, forage, hunt, and attempt to live the longest. Previous winners have won $500,000. Someone going the distance of 100 days will win $1 million.

I’ll have to watch the season! I was born there I lost interest in it years ago, but that sold me.

Yeah, the moose guy won the show right? It's a big pot of money...

Watch the episode last night... so killing a moose with a stick bow, awesome, he did a great job on the butchering especially with a multi-tool.

Question? HOW the F*&@ are people on these shows allowed to hunt?

He's a resident of Virginia, so aside from tags (which I didn't see him validate)

1593468511026.png

I guess some people are able to watch episodes that haven't yet aired elsewhere. The last one that aired in California on History was episode 3 on 6/25

I'm pulling for Amos. He's got a great attitude and is slaying the fish. Interesting how the shelters have evolved. Some very labor intensive builds. Kielyn not having her bow at hand really cost her in ep: 3. I was really surprised by Roland and his negative attitude about the location he was dropped in. Sucks but make it work. He's got a radius of 5 miles to use and being from AK I thought he was the one. Now I think he'll tap out. Love this show.

With his ax, in the dark. Righteous indignation that the creature dared to try to eat more of his moose cache. It had already eaten most of the moose fat that he had set aside. He had built a two story meat storage structure to keep land animals off, but absentmindedly left the removable ladder In place that allowed the wolverine access up to the first level.

His backstory included living in Siberia with reindeer herders for several years. He showed a very slick way to get his gill net
deployed with the lake frozen. Dude was there for the long haul, if necessary.

Probably one of the best episodes for that season...

Roland was complaining about his spot but he worked through it and made the best of it. Amos doesn’t strike me as a guy mad for the north land. I think he’ll tap in the next episode

Gonna be tough to beat Roland with that shelter! To me it was a risk for injury and burned calories but it was high reward. To me there's about 6 I think are mentally ready for this.

Roland puss’d out tonight. He was looking for an excuse so as to not have to blame it on his area. Mommy I’m sick 🤒. Weak.

You gotta be talking about Keith, all I saw Roland do was pull fish out of the lake and make his 100 day plan

Keith faked it. I think Roland must have ate raw whitefish guts to make himself sick. But idk.

I think people are mixing up Season 6, which is on Netflix, and Season 7, which is only partially aired on History

If there was something to learn from season 6, it's that most tapped out due to injury (or shelter fire) but most due to loss of weight. It seems like once you get past the first few weeks, the winner is the one who starves to near death the slowest. Not one is getting enough or the proper food to even come close just to maintain weight.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmich05
Back