Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Alone Season 10

kansasdad

June 8 on History Channel, 7 pm Central meet the cast, 8pm episode one

I haven’t seen any promos/advertisements for this season yet.

I hope this season the contestants show off some Primitive living skills, rather than decide to burn as few calories as possible in a self imposed starvation/suffering fest.

Black bear at 10 yards…..

My friend and hunting buddy is on this one. I am looking forward to seeing it. He’s the best combination hunter and outdoorsman I personally know. He made it a good ways in. Came home skinny as anything, but said he loved every minute “living in nature like a real human”.

Edit: ends up they are behind a couple seasons in production, so my friend isn’t on this one.

Last edited:
My friend and hunting buddy is on this one. I am looking forward to seeing it. He’s the best combination hunter and outdoorsman I personally know. He made it a good ways in. Came home skinny as anything, but said he loved every minute “living in nature like a real human”.
any new vehicles, new house? Lol

I watched one season. I was disgusted with the whole thing by the end. They need to be somewhere it is possible to thrive, not starve the least.

If it weren't that way, some of the contestants would still be out there... Even in some super harsh conditions, some of the contestants like Jordan and Roland were living their best lives out there. The show has a tendency to dramatize everything which is annoying, they usually make it seem like some of the winners were on the edge of starvation eventhought some had dozens of large fish or half a moose left...

👀 following this thread - I would really love to be on Alone someday 🤞 stoked to see what is in store for S10!

Where is Season 10 located?

@howl my main criticism of the show is how they bind them by by non survival situation rules. 2 Examples I’ve seen is having them to wait until a certain date in one season to be allowed to use gill nets and not being able to kill squirrels in another place.
This is true. No telling what the rules were in Patagonia or Mongolia. I want to say all the other seasons have been hosted by Canada First Nations. The squirrel restriction and gillnet suspension was Season 8. AND it was also sooper speshul waters- no live bait or barbed hooks. Had Clay not dropped a deer then it would have been a starve out for everyone and anybody’s game. Which yeah, like how is that “survival”? The false pretense of being real survival aside, I like the psychology of the show. Contestants are isolated and have to film themselves losing their mind. If they arrive a little cracked then we observe the crack turning into a problem and failure follows.

Dave in Patagonia comes to mind. Went in not fat enough at all and that ended his game. Caught some fish, yay! Preserved the fish for the lean times to come (rationing that which he did eat- crack begins). Caught/preserved more fish for winter (cracked up). Hoarded like 20 fillets and finally got pulled because he was a skeleton of a man (crackpot). Mental fortitude goes a helluva long way on Alone.

The season I watched had so many restrictions there was nothing to do but try to starve less than the rest. It was just a sick head game.

Once the fat guy won just by sitting around, we were done. Not really a competition then. Rule: You can be no more than 1.2x ideal BMI we're back in.

Last edited:
Alone is one of the few shows we watch regularly as a family. If you like Alone, try Race to Survive: Alaska. Not as much survival, but the race portion and navigating was fun to watch!
Max Dejenohan is an orienteering master in his own mind.

• Haha
Reactions: rke
Figured out that the pilot from Alaska is the brother of Ricko Dewilde from the show Life Below Zero. Kind of old but he grew up doing this stuff.

And why didn't the dumbass look for his quiver instead of boo-hooing in his shelter? He has all the time in the world!

Figured out that the pilot from Alaska is the brother of Ricko Dewilde from the show Life Below Zero. Kind of old but he grew up doing this stuff.

And why didn't the dumbass look for his quiver instead of boo-hooing in his shelter? He has all the time in the world!
He is kind of older for this competition though most are this season. For the same reason, I don’t see any of the females winning. I see this coming down between Cody and Taz, just like it was between Clay and Biko.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back