"Alone" season 9 premiere tonight May 26

I watched on YouTube a newlywed couple from Norway traveling on foot and packraft from NE Alaska on the Arctic Ocean, over the Brooks Range and then paddling to the Bering Sea.
They filtered water but along the way the young bride was feeling scorched by the sun so she went swimming with the beavers. I'm certain that she was smart enough not to drink the water but I guess just swimming with them was enough to get beaver fever. They had to have medication dropped off to treat her.

@ 7:30 she goes for a swim.

Last edited:
More tummy troubles and a misstep leads to a knee injury….medical tap outs.

Half of the contestants are out. Several of those that I thought would prosper deep into the winter are gone.

My two picks at this point: the crazy lady who sings all the time, people like that, well no matter where they are they aren't alone.

The oriental Dr from Canada, very impressed with his archery skills as well

Next time they should avoid choosing a location with lots of beavers. Don't remember seeing people getting sick like this in past seasons.

My two picks at this point: the crazy lady who sings all the time, people like that, well no matter where they are they aren't alone.

That oriental? He ain’t a rug, sir.

I would disagree on the Asian guy from Canada, because it looks like he’s boarding the helicopter in his green jacket with fur collar.

Next time they should avoid choosing a location with lots of beavers. Don't remember seeing people getting sick like this in past seasons.
Good thing no polar bears have showed up. Lol. What a joke. There’s probably not a polar bear within 100 miles of where they are. They’re totally inland in inlets.

Tom needs to spend more time traversing slick buckskin logs in the North if he thinks he can just put both feet up there like that and not expect to have to do some gymnastics

Tom needs to spend more time traversing slick buckskin logs in the North if he thinks he can just put both feet up there like that and not expect to have to do some gymnastics
I was wondering if he was trying to skate down the log. First thing I thought was “WTF!” within nano seconds of him planting both feet on the inclined log.

Your mentality not sharp when tired and hungry. That’s what caused his log snafu.

I was wondering if he was trying to skate down the log. First thing I thought was “WTF!” within nano seconds of him planting both feet on the inclined log.

Your mentality not sharp when tired and hungry. That’s what caused his log snafu.
Yeah, seems like basic instinct to someone who has done it many years, but in a tired starved state I could see how the little things would start to slip out of your conscience

Yes, my wife and I both said that was a crazy move, and why do something that you know you could fall from. You just fell and injured your back.....do thinks more gingerly.

why would you step on top of or over that log a million times instead of chopping a section out,,,,,,clean up things under your feet,,,,,,

My presumptive winner was (might still be?) Dr. T. though I thought he was getting on a helo to extract in previews. Karie Lee, now there’s a winner albeit her shelter is a shitshack. Here’s a conundrum- I saw a woman in a fur ruff coat also getting into a helo on previous previews. So one of those two helicoptered out and not as a winner.

Juan Pablo is too dependent on fish and has stubborn resilience like Biko so I think we’ll watch him starve out. My wife is confident about Adam winning. I disagree for the reasoning that he’s doing this challenge to financially benefit his parents. It sounds great, what a guy, but you think about that, how far does that mentality take a person in this challenge? I’ve watched all the seasons and never once seen a winner dancing around because they are able to financially support their own parents.

why would you step on top of or over that log a million times instead of chopping a section out,,,,,,clean up things under your feet,,,,,,
Doesn’t seem like any clean up their camp area much. Seems it’d make it all a bit easier. Even the doctor has huge logs across one of his trails leaving camp.

Also that one woman spent so much time/energy on that hodgepodge lodge or whatever she called it.

Easy to say from my couch.

Back