Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

All straight hard liquor is horrible

Man, I love me some homemade brandy! Peach, blackberry, huckleberry, elderberry…. It’s all damn good. Straight from the freezer to the glass is the only way to go. If it freezes in the freezer, then it ain’t no good!
Old timers here used to make mulberry wine and some wine out of the wild grapes along the river. The grape stuff tasted like it wouldn’t hurt ya but man it would.

I’d never even heard of a “liquor luge” until I landed in a ski town. Essentially an ice sculpture for liquor shot delivery. I’ll go to my grave never having done it, but all the cool kids seem into it. Vodka and Jaeger seem to be the most popular.

View attachment 220681
Well there’s still time. You can’t hold anything back!

We have peach orchards that grow up near my uncles place, and every year we would make peach brandy/ mash liquor.
that was some fine sipping liquor on ice @ 110-120 proof
need to fire up the still come picking time :whistle:
I live in an area of the country that is dotted with very small “distilleries.” I don’t know if you would call apple pie or peach ‘shine “straight hard liquor,” but it goes down like Koolaid and knocks you on your rear faster than anything.

It’s springtime. If it were still well below freezing with a howling wind, it’d be this. Neat.

View attachment 220682
See. I get cask strength. (But the abv of that particular bottle raises some questions in my mind about it being called bourbon), but the other bottle, it’s a weird number. Why temper it to that abv?

And isn’t it about time to set myself up for disappointment again here in Idaho, and have a hunting related discussion?

Last edited:
See. I get cask strength. (But the abv of that particular bottle raises some questions in my mind about it being called bourbon), but the other bottle, it’s a weird number. Why temper it to that abv?
No max proof on bourbon, only a min. I’ve had several bottles of Bookers over the years and tend to look at any I see in liquor stores, and this 130.8 is the highest I’ve seen. As for the Calumet, I have no idea why they dilute to that odd proof. It was a gift, so not one I know much about. I will say that it’s got a very distinct smokey/earthy flavor and less of the sweet corn you’d expect in a bourbon. Some Scotch influence is the best way to describe it. Wasn’t impressed with the first pour, but it’s grown on me.

Shots no, sipping whisky YES. I do on the rocks. There is a huge difference between trying to sip Canadian Hunter and sipping Angels Envy or Glenfiddich.

Baijiu is the #1 alcohol consumed in the world. I hadn’t even heard of it until I went to China for work. 1.4 billion Chinese can’t be wrong!

It only took me a couple nights to learn and appreciate the goodness of baijiu.

Last edited:
True! True!
It should ALL be outlawed along with marijuana.
It's a shame they are socially accepted. Has caused so much destruction and death.
Go ahead, bash me.
Alcohol does make more people do dumber stuff than weed does.

Double Cross Vodka.

Try it. You'll love it.
I went to the store yesterday, but they didn't have it.
I will keep looking. Seems like a very affordable option to the wheat-based Grey Goose. Five-time filtering for GG to Double Cross' seven?!
Sounds like a tool that punches above its price point. Tks!

Alcohol does make more people do dumber stuff than weed does.

I went to the store yesterday, but they didn't have it.
I will keep looking. Seems like a very affordable option to the wheat-based Grey Goose. Five-time filtering for GG to Double Cross' seven?!
Sounds like a tool that punches above its price point. Tks!

There's a whole world of real, small batch vodka from heritage countries that blow the mass produced stuff out of the water. I only had a brief window into that world before I had to give up the sauce. Thankfully. ;)

Reactions: JAG
I prefer Black velvet left in a road ditch culvert for a week of 90 degree heat on an old dirt road in my highschool years . Had a party Friday night , Saturday night we hid the bottle by a tree on the road covered in tree bark . Came back the next day after the party and the bottle was in the middle of the road shot 3 times with a 12 gauge , shell casings laying in the road . I think the farmer that lived nearby got his point across we weren’t welcome anymore lol .

I prefer Black velvet left in a road ditch culvert for a week of 90 degree heat on an old dirt road in my highschool years . Had a party Friday night , Saturday night we hid the bottle by a tree on the road covered in tree bark . Came back the next day after the party and the bottle was in the middle of the road shot 3 times with a 12 gauge , shell casings laying in the road . I think the farmer that lived nearby got his point across we weren’t welcome anymore lol .

Y'all sound like my kind of people.

Back