All straight hard liquor is horrible

Can anyone actually look me in the eye and tell me that they crave a straight shot of whiskey
Sure can. I sip it neat and let it swirl around a bit in my mouth. One or two sips is all I need. Takes me years to get through a bottle. Islay Scotches and wheated bourbons.

Didn’t read em all but agree with thread premise. Wasted a bunch of slow elephants on that stuff.

If you're not drinking for the flavor, you're just drinking shit booze.

A great Vodka is like sipping water from Butte, America. No taste, a slight burn, and a clean finish. Delicious.

A great Bourbon, served neat, is to be savored and contemplated for it's complexity, not shot like you're a 16 year old w/their first taste of boob.

A perfect Scotch, served neat, is to be inhaled first, left to linger on your snotty nose hairs as the velvet encased aromas penetrate into your blood vessels

A good Gin is served shaken with ice, and a capful of vermouth waved across the closed shaker to impart the scant essence of the flavor, with a lemon zest.

Rum is sugar booze. Just rip it out of the bottle or from the antique flagon you bought in Key West.
Huh? mtmuley

I drink about a 6 pack of IPAs every 2 months or so. I can drink chilled knob creek if I take a notion.

I once had a peach brandy that was epic. Won several awards and then was discontinued. It was a special run just for the competitions and not economical to produce. Man I miss it, it was just that damn good.

I gotta be speaking for some on here when I say. There’s times where I can go weeks or months without drinking, there’s times where I like to sip a good whiskey or beer at dinner, and there’s times I feel like the radio man under attack screaming into the radio “FIRE FOR EFFECT!” at the artillery gunners.

Those nights never end well. Great stories, but rough times.

Boodles Gin…..delicious straight

Blanton’s Bourbon…..delicious straight

Pendleton Whisky…..delicious straight

Mixing good booze with soda pop is like putting ketchup on a perfectly grilled elk tenderloin
Dad's fishing buddy gave me some Canadian crown with a little 7up on a fishing trip when I was 12. Never tasted something so good. Never been able to recreate it either and i get canadian crown. I need an ice cube in peach crown, makers mark, old smoky salted carmel and Jeffersons. Most everything else tastes like fire and I don't see the point.

I’d never even heard of a “liquor luge” until I landed in a ski town. Essentially an ice sculpture for liquor shot delivery. I’ll go to my grave never having done it, but all the cool kids seem into it. Vodka and Jaeger seem to be the most popular.

1651197774994.jpeg

I once had a peach brandy that was epic. Won several awards and then was discontinued. It was a special run just for the competitions and not economical to produce. Man I miss it, it was just that damn good.
We have peach orchards that grow up near my uncles place, and every year we would make peach brandy/ mash liquor.
that was some fine sipping liquor on ice @ 110-120 proof
need to fire up the still come picking time :whistle:

We have peach orchards that grow up near my uncles place, and every year we would make peach brandy/ mash liquor.
that was some fine sipping liquor on ice @ 110-120 proof
need to fire up the still come picking time :whistle:
Man, I love me some homemade brandy! Peach, blackberry, huckleberry, elderberry…. It’s all damn good. Straight from the freezer to the glass is the only way to go. If it freezes in the freezer, then it ain’t no good!

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back