Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

All straight hard liquor is horrible

Seems to be a lot of those phony, fancy snobs on here. You know the type that takes a sip of wine and proceeds to say something like this: “ah yes this is a lovely Tuscan red, you can taste the sweetness from the perfect angle the sun hits the vines in that particular area. Plus they must have used oak wood to mulch the vines because I’m getting a hunt mmm hint of hardwood flavor. Ah yes and it finishes nicely with earthy finish. Just wonderful l!”

Then another person will take a sip and reply with some similar made up nonsense. It’s all a bunch of fake gobblygook and there no way to prove otherwise.

Generally, a Pinot Grigio goes well with Natty Light.

I like sparkling wine and port wine. Does that count??

I did try to like scotch. I really did. Most tasted like iodine. Glenmorangie wasn't bad. Some bourbon were okay. I don't drink them mostly for same reason I don't smoke: Not enjoyable enough to make the pain and deleterious health effects worth it. I have bad reflux and they seemed to worsen my symptoms.

True! True!
It should ALL be outlawed along with marijuana.
It's a shame they are socially accepted. Has caused so much destruction and death.
Go ahead, bash me.
I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that you don't take your trips on LSD!

I like whisky or bourbon or scotch straight or on the rocks, and some rum straight. Usually mix tequila or gin, but prefer simple homemade cocktails with minimal sugar. Vodka is too easy for me to drink with high probability of bad consequences so just avoid it all together. Jager tastes like licorice puke to me, also on the never list.

...And white lightnin's still the biggest thrill of all

I can’t claim to have the most sophisticated palate, but even I can tell the difference between 4 day old moonshine and 4 week old moonshine.

About the only time I sip whiskey is while wall tent camping, because it’s actually a crime under Montana Code Annotated to not drink whiskey while wall tent camping. A little Knob Creek next to the wood stove is a beautiful thing.

My brother in law’s girlfriend has been a bartender for ages, so last time we were all hanging out she was schooling us in how to properly sip whiskey. Turns out there’s a technique to it, and if you do it that way it’s much less disgusting….I still wouldn’t say I enjoy it though.

Have you ever been to a good brewery and done a tasting? Like somewhere with a lot of different styles.
Oh, I know what good beer tastes like. I live in Canada! I also know I like beer too much, it's expensive as hell (here anyway), and will make me fat. A lot of reasons to curb my appetite by drinking trash.

Last edited:
But we still get meth, heroin, pills, uppers, downers, cocaine, crack, ludes, peps, speed, shrooms, peyote and acid, right?
No.

You only get the stuff prescribed. Cuz mommies little helpers", are medicine👍

I enjoy several good varieties of the spirits you listed. Your experience may be due to an aversion to drinks/food/etc. that are overly flavorful, spicy or strong.
You may just be full of shit🤣. I am a spicy food addict, I put habanero sauce on my corn flakes and have actually been dumb enough to try ghost peppers....

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dotun77
Back