Yeti GOBOX Collection

All straight hard liquor is horrible

When the money is Sitka-good, I sip Grey Goose. When it's Target-lean, I sip Svedka.

Bourbons; Eagle Rare, El. Craig, and EH Taylor are my favorites to sip, but I add ice if they have high proof. Blanton's, Barrell (Dovetail, Armida, etc.), Ky Owl, and $80 plus bottles usually have a longer finish and I will sip those without ice and in a Glencairn glass with less volume.

If you're not drinking for the flavor, you're just drinking shit booze.

A great Vodka is like sipping water from Butte, America. No taste, a slight burn, and a clean finish. Delicious.

A great Bourbon, served neat, is to be savored and contemplated for it's complexity, not shot like you're a 16 year old w/their first taste of boob.

A perfect Scotch, served neat, is to be inhaled first, left to linger on your snotty nose hairs as the velvet encased aromas penetrate into your blood vessels

A good Gin is served shaken with ice, and a capful of vermouth waved across the closed shaker to impart the scant essence of the flavor, with a lemon zest.

Rum is sugar booze. Just rip it out of the bottle or from the antique flagon you bought in Key West.
Nowonder you're a lobbiest. You could make going poo in an old outhouse sound like sniffing potpourri

When the money is Sitka-good, I sip Grey Goose. When it's Target-lean, I sip Svedka.

Bourbons; Eagle Rare, El. Craig, and EH Taylor are my favorites to sip, but I add ice if they have high proof. Blanton's, Barrell (Dovetail, Armida, etc.), Ky Owl, and $80 plus bottles usually have a longer finish and I will sip those without ice and in a Glencairn glass with less volume.
Life's too short to ration your candy

Reactions: JAG
I am in the have to be mixed with something camp but my buddy has some peach whiskey that is pretty good staight.

All alcohol products are for the birds. Leads to nothing but problems and a light checking account
True! True!
It should ALL be outlawed along with marijuana.
It's a shame they are socially accepted. Has caused so much destruction and death.
Go ahead, bash me.

Can anyone actually look me in the eye and tell me that they crave a straight shot of whiskey, gin, vodka? Honestly, there isn't a single one that doesn't burn your throat and taste like one can only assume tastes like piss straight out of lucifers pecker. And yes, I've tasted it all from $5 a bottle trash to Pappy Van Winkle, it's all horrendous unless mixed. Give me a jack and coke any day
Yes.
I enjoy several good varieties of the spirits you listed. Your experience may be due to an aversion to drinks/food/etc. that are overly flavorful, spicy or strong.
Here is an interesting take on it:

"When you eat foods with capsaicin, like chili peppers, certain receptors in your mouth pop off, and that tricks your brain into thinking that your mouth is on fire. As part of your response to this stress, your body will produce endorphins, to help stem the pain of these transmissions. So when you're talking about getting a "rush" from hot peppers, you're generally talking about feeling the endorphins, trying to tamp down the bad feelings. It's this one-two punch of pain from capsaicin, followed by the rush of endorphins, is how so many people learn to associate hot foods or beverages with overlay powerful flavors with happy feelings.
The difference is a "hedonic shift," meaning that they're more used to the burning sensation, with stronger associations between pain and pleasure, than those who don't really eat it. This is why people theorize that those who were exposed to spicy foods in their childhood are more likely to like it." (Paul Rozin, professor emeritus in psychology at the University of Pennsylvania)

Take baby steps (or baby sips) and you too can be a drinker of many things, from straight bourbon to margaritas. We believe in you. Cheers.

Yes.
I enjoy several good varieties of the spirits you listed. Your experience may be due to an aversion to drinks/food/etc. that are overly flavorful, spicy or strong.

"When you eat foods with capsaicin, like chili peppers, certain receptors in your mouth pop off, and that tricks your brain into thinking that your mouth is on fire. As part of your response to this stress, your body will produce endorphins, to help stem the pain of these transmissions. So when you're talking about getting a "rush" from hot peppers, you're generally talking about feeling the endorphins, trying to tamp down the bad feelings. It's this one-two punch of pain from capsaicin, followed by the rush of endorphins, is how so many people learn to associate hot foods or beverages with overlay powerful flavors with happy feelings.
The difference is a "hedonic shift," meaning that they're more used to the burning sensation, with stronger associations between pain and pleasure, than those who don't really eat it. This is why people theorize that those who were exposed to spicy foods in their childhood are more likely to like it." (Paul Rozin, professor emeritus in psychology at the University of Pennsylvania)

Take baby steps (or baby sips) and you too can be a drinker of many things, from straight bourbon to margaritas. We believe in you. Cheers.
pull up your big girl panties

I won't waste the Lagavulin 16 required to properly respond to this thread with the fire and brimstone it deserves. But yes, I love scotch served neat. No, I don't take shots. Shots are for teenagers, and bachelorette parties (spoiler, you'll never find this man at one of those).
My man...

Lagavulin/Talisker/Oban neat though stones are nice.

It should ALL be outlawed along with marijuana.
🤦‍♂️

Where does a keystone light fall in line at?
Usually in my right hand.

Although a few weeks back, my bro in laws new GF used a word often followed by cat, when we declined shotgunning a beer.

My 3last molecules of testosterone would not allow for that, so Keystones got shotgunned. And by that half got poured down my shirt.

Apparently some things aren't like riding a bike, 30 years of non practice reared its head 😁

Shot:
Yes.

Chaser:
pull up your big girl panties

Seems to be a lot of those phony, fancy snobs on here. You know the type that takes a sip of wine and proceeds to say something like this: “ah yes this is a lovely Tuscan red, you can taste the sweetness from the perfect angle the sun hits the vines in that particular area. Plus they must have used oak wood to mulch the vines because I’m getting a hunt mmm hint of hardwood flavor. Ah yes and it finishes nicely with earthy finish. Just wonderful l!”

Then another person will take a sip and reply with some similar made up nonsense. It’s all a bunch of fake gobblygook and there no way to prove otherwise.

Seems to be a lot of those phony, fancy snobs on here. You know the type that takes a sip of wine and proceeds to say something like this: “ah yes this is a lovely Tuscan red, you can taste the sweetness from the perfect angle the sun hits the vines in that particular area. Plus they must have used oak wood to mulch the vines because I’m getting a hunt mmm hint of hardwood flavor. Ah yes and it finishes nicely with earthy finish. Just wonderful l!”

Then another person will take a sip and reply with some similar made up nonsense. It’s all a bunch of fake gobblygook and there no way to prove otherwise.
Or you just don't have tastebuds... :unsure:

That's the terroir.

I like to tell wine makers that I prefer one bottle over another because it tastes more wine-y. That really passes them off.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
K9TXS
Back