All straight hard liquor is horrible

Yukon Jack. Right out of the freezer, and poured over ice. Let set for a couple minutes. Crack open a frosty Labatt's beer. Every night before supper. Life is great !!

I’m one of those Sallys none of that hard stuff for me. Just Budweiser if I’m picking but I never turn down free
A friend of a friend took me out pheasant hunting in KS one day. We hit it off really well and when we got done he invited me over to his shop for a few beers. I told him I’d stop by the liquor store and grab some. I asked what he wanted and he said his favorite is OPB. Never heard of it, neither did the liquor store clerk. Do a case of Coors light sbd Busch light it was. Got there and told him I couldn’t find opb. He laughed and said “other peoples beer”. If I’d have known that I woulda got him some natty ice!

I don’t crave anything but a Vikings super bowl victory. But I do enjoy a very nice single malt scotch (single barrel even better) or one of a few high-end vodkas with nothing but a couple of whiskey stones in the glass. If I want pop I drink pop. If I want a good liquor I tend to prefer it on its own rather than diluting and masking it. I don’t drink for the drunk, so if I don’t enjoy the taste, why spend the money.

Last edited:
Every year on my birthday I go to Doe's Eat Place, eat a 3lb porterhouse with a glass of Woodford Reserve on ice.
The only other time I drink straight liquor is when I'm plastered and someone says the magical words "let's do shots"
Doe’s in Paducah?

I used to carry a mickey of scotch in my saddle bag for medicinal purposes. It lasted fifteen years. Only had a sore throat a couple of times. I chose Cutty Sark because it tastes especially horrible. And it was cheap.

I'm a beer only guy and usually only Coors Lite ... for the same reason ... it tastes horrible. No trouble making a bottle of that stuff last the evening. I wouldn't drink a shot of booze even if someone put a gun to my head. Mixed drink? Pffft! "Bartender, set me up with a glass of Kool-Aid and don't forget the cute little umbrella." 🧚‍♀️

I used to carry a mickey of scotch in my saddle bag for medicinal purposes. It lasted fifteen years. Only had a sore throat a couple of times. I chose Cutty Sark because it tastes especially horrible. And it was cheap.

I'm a beer only guy and usually only Coors Lite ... for the same reason ... it tastes horrible. No trouble making a bottle of that stuff last the evening. I wouldn't drink a shot of booze even if someone put a gun to my head. Mixed drink? Pffft! "Bartender, set me up with a glass of Kool-Aid and don't forget the cute little umbrella." 🧚‍♀️
Have you ever been to a good brewery and done a tasting? Like somewhere with a lot of different styles.

If anyone tells you they loved liquor the first time they drank it, they are a bold-faced liar. Its an acquired taste, for certain.

I think you haters just havent drunk enough of it to acquire a taste. Because if you had, youd love it, too.
I remember being able to tolerate the taste of hard liquor for like 2 weeks when I first started to experiment with it when I was like 15 but then I got fully blacked out and puked on a bottle of Bacardi and Its been hard for me to consume any without gagging ever since.

I remember being able to tolerate the taste of hard liquor for like 2 weeks when I first started to experiment with it when I was like 15 but then I got fully blacked out and puked on a bottle of Bacardi and Its been hard for me to consume any without gagging ever since.
Had the same experience. Even the smell of rum gave me gag reflex for at least 10 years after.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back