Ahhhh.... The smell of Fat-Assed ATV Riders....

I don't recall that Ohio has a huge Elk population
That is right. Either we are great elk hunters(last one was reported killed in 1835 or so) or there isnt any because there is no place for them to be reintroduced. Would you like for plenty of roads out west? Trade ya the concrete for elk and wolves. :D

But we still have whitetails and other wildlife. We also have people who actually walk. You can pretty much cover most areas easily in a few hours walking. Why would you need a ATV and cover it in 15 minutes? :confused:

"We also have people who actually walk. You can pretty much cover most areas easily in a few hours walking. Why would you need a ATV and cover it in 15 minutes?"

Nut,

I fully agree. That is if your not out to RIDE. If you're out for the purpose of riding you shouldn't be hammerred by a bunch of eletist a-holes that hate ATV's. If you're riding where you shouldn't, I'll probably be one of those a-holes hammerring ya. :D

Elkchsr- Could've been you, but I've had dinner with others as well! ;)

TB- The only mold I fit is my own. I agree and disagree with everyone on this board to some extent.

Wapiti Slayer,These guys dont know how to approach it another way.
It doesn't matter if you try to tell them you agree with restrictions on ATV's,or that you ride in a LEGAL and ETHACAL manner, the fact that you own an ATV puts you on there shit list.
Read there posts ,they have an agenda .

"Maybe you guys could approach things in a little more mature way and people wouldn't go on the offensive right off the batt!"

Nut, dont forget no one on here is asking for un- restricted access.

These guy's bitch about the LEGAL trail system's as well as the leagl & Ithacal use of ATV's.
If they could keep it to the illegal use there would be nothing to bitch about .
It's not about restrictions to most of these guy's ,its about the BAN.
Nut, you need to come visit and see for yourself.
Most of these spot's you wont get to if your walking.
Its not all about the hunting aspect .

MD4ME said, "Most of these spot's you wont get to if your walking."

Thats just a plain freaking lie. There isnt anywhere in the lower 48 that is more than 22 miles from an IMPROVED road.

I've hiked over 50 miles through the bob marshall in one trip, made a 43 mile loop through the pintlars on another...all without an ATV...my, how did I manage without an ATV? There is nowhere in the West you cant hike to in a couple days time, nowhere.

No frickin' wonder people are so fat and out of shape...

Most people are too lazy and dont even know what they're capable of...try hiking sometime, you might suprise yourself.

MD says, "...the leagl & Ithacal use of ATV's....."
:D :D That's a great one! The Ithacal way of using ATVs is to drive them only on officially designated roads or trails open to ATVs, and only in a way that will not disrupt anyone else's pleasure. They're also good to use for work on private property.

As you all know, there's only a tiny minority that use them Ithacally. :D That's why most of the public is so disgusted with the lazy fatassed ATV crowd. :(

10 BEERS, WAPITI & MOOSE,
Your opinions are interesting , but why stop there? Here are a few suggestions you and your fellow ATV hunters might like ;
1. ATV's should be allowed unrestricted access to ALL critical wildlife habitat, the more roads the better.
2. All ATV roads should be paved to accomodate golf carts , some ATV's are just to physically demanding on the human body.A sore thumb after a hard day of hunting is no laughing matter!
3. All big game animals should be affixed with radio collars for ease of tracking, the old fashioned way of glassing with optics puts an unfair strain on the eyes , locating animals with a GPS would be so much easier.
Remember;walking is for people who can't afford ATV's!

If the mold fits, wear it as well FCB.

I don't think anybody here has ever called for the unrestricted riding of ATVs except yourself, IT, EG, or BUZZ (did I leave anybody out?).

I, myself prefer to use a fine set of Leupold 10X42 binos to find my game (I've never ridden far enough to suffer from a sore thumb, must be terribly painful :D ). If I feel up to a challenge (tradition), I'll stalk with a bow, if I just want to hunt for meat, I'll take a rifle(sometimes I like the challenge of a side hammer muzzle stuffer). Sorry to here that you suffer from some form of inability to locate game that you would need electronic assistance (keep working at it, you be able to find them without the electronics in time). Must be a lot different hunting for real, and not on video games all the time.
:D

Ten Beers
I've seen slob hunters shooting at game (antelope,sage hens and chukar)right from the seat of their quads with rifles or shotguns ,but a bow? Your riding skills must be the envy of slob hunters everywhere.

Originally posted by FAIRCHASEBEN:
Ten Beers
I've seen slob hunters shooting at game (antelope,sage hens and chukar)right from the seat of their quads with rifles or shotguns ,but a bow? Your riding skills must be the envy of slob hunters everywhere.
Flinging arrows on the ATV... That is pretty funny.... Hey Ten, can you re-load the muzzle loader without taking your thumb off the throttle???

Hey Fairchase, welcome to the wacky world of Ten Beers.... You haven't had this much fun since 3rd grade. In fact, Ten liked 3rd grade so much, this is his second year in 3rd grade, and he has to take Summer school also...

I see the trio is now a quartet.

Don't worry about my hunting prowess. You're the one complaining about the "sore thumb syndrome", lack of paved ATV roads, and a need for electronic markers on game. How big was that trophy buck on the computer game? EG, do you play tandem with FCB? Do you guys play duck hunt too?

ElkGunner
I see what you mean.The sarcasm in my first post missed him by a mile apparently.Anyone who defends chasing animals off road as he does is exactly what the problem is.

FCB, evidently, you lack the ability to take as good as you give, too bad. IF you and EG aren't one and the same, you deserve each other. :D

Fairchase,

But if we don't protect the rights of Fat-Assed ATV riders to ride where ever they want, while hunting, then we might as well tear up the rest of the Constitution.

It seems like 3rd Grade has changed a bit since I was there, as Ten has a version of the Constitution that has the right to ride ATV's as one of the First Ten Ammendments. :rolleyes:

Don't we have the right to hunt in areas where the animals are not chased by the machines and you can walk more than a mile without crossing a road ?

Ten,

This a "real hunters" site?? :D Only because of Buzz.... As far as I know, you have NEVER posted anything about hunting on this site.... And we let you in here....

My only duck hunt buddy was Moosie, and that is only 'cuz he can't hit anything, so I get to shoot all the Ducks...
shhh.gif

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nomps
Back