Yeti GOBOX Collection

Against The Grain: Ultralight Backpacking Edition

Phone died about halfway through the trip, so not too many photos.

Scapegoat Wilderness

1688651429545.png

Beer budget was lower this time. We each packed roughly 12 for 3 nights, plus other spirits.

1688651485982.png

Spawners

1688651525619.png

My wife and kids hid a couple mini-bottles as well as a family sized Kit Kat in my sleeping bag. When I found it on the first night, I was pretty damn excited, and laid under the stars in Griz country with chocolate on my face and a candy wrapper for a pillow.

1688651577350.png

Obligatory Devils Glen photos from our first camp

1688651622502.png

1688651633549.png

Hiked another few miles up the second and third days. Really amazing country.

1688651672928.png

Lotta good friends, wild country, cribbage, and moonshine. Only putting on about 5 miles a day was wise, but the loads were lighter with every evening’s beer consumption.

1688651689270.png

The Scapegoat has its own amazing story - locals fighting against bulldozers on the Continental Divide, collaboration, sacrifice. Like these annual fishing trips with buddies, I'm grateful it exists.

I know that trail well. Did you cross the continental divide or stay in the Dearborn?

Stayed in the Dearborn. Highest up we went was where you cross the river at Pass Creek, which at a dozen miles from the truck, was far enough for us! :ROFLMAO:

Next time, with more intention and a lighter load, I really wanna hike to the headwaters below Scapegoat Mountain.

Stayed in the Dearborn. Highest up we went was where you cross the river at Pass Creek, which at a dozen miles from the truck, was far enough for us! :ROFLMAO:

Next time, with more intention and a lighter load, I really wanna hike to the headwaters below Scapegoat Mountain.
The headwaters are fantastic. It’s shorter to come in from the east. I’ve done all three routes.

The upper Tobacco Valley is pretty cool. So is the upper Landers Fork

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back