Fin is a Fugitive from Mexican Justice

I could have almost had an identical story from the start. Up to the accident I thought I was having flash backs of a trip to Lake Powell my sophomore year in college. It often reminds me of the movie "Cannon Ball Run" wherein the vehicle is loaded with beer and the guy had a bag of chips for food. His buddy asks if they have food and he responds "Plenty". Waking up after the first night hung-over, dehydrated and no shade to be found. I distinctly remember going to the cooler to realize there was only beer to drink. When in Rome... Great memories and sounds like you guys had a great adventure. Glad you made it out.

Crazy times there for ASU/UofA students back in the day! Spring Break all year long. What doesn't kill you ...

Fin, if you end up off your feet for a bit with your bum knee, maybe you'll become a published author sooner than later (hope so --- you're a modern day Mark Twain!). BTW, you wouldn't recognize Rocky Point --- it's an American town shipped south of the border now.

P.S. I learned to drive ('50s Willys) as a 12-year-old in and around Cholla Bay just north of Puerto Peñasco (Rock Point) in the early '60s --- opened my eyes to what life might have in store for me down the road! Still remember my buddy burying the Jeep to its axles one time with the tide coming in (lucky to get it dug out with maybe a dozen feet to spare) --- got the keys taken away for a few days on that one.

Still remember the old boat launchers ...

Attachments

• Cholla Bay boat launcher.jpg
    Cholla Bay boat launcher.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 262
Having attended Arizona Sate for college this made me laugh...Rocky Point was a spring break staple. My liver hurts just thinking about it.

4 second for a Coors Light? In NW MT we knew to squeeze the cans and get it closer to two ;).

Great story Big Fin! It's great to be able to look back and laugh.

I don't know how I survived the many surf& fishing trips back in late 60's,early 70's.
Haven't been since 76' Baja race.

No desire to ever again.
Learned to avoid the touristas/students(crime magnets),Federales,hookers and dopers.

Back