Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

AFRICA NEXT YEAR..The "AFRICAN CAUCUS"!!!

Moosie

Grand poopa
I seethat DKO and Terry are interested in Africa as well as me for next year.. Timeto get serious I think.

I'm heading to Texas on a huntin 7 days then I willl need a week or two to catch up then It's some seriouse Planning. I have been to other boards and Have had some help. Riaan I see you post on several boards too!!
wink.gif

Anyways. I would like to have a "CAUCUS" of friends there. I talked to My wife and She's still wishy washy but your wives are welocme.... You just have to share
biggrin.gif

Seriousely though Think about It and I think It will be a hunt to remember...

Any other takers... We will be posting Prices as we find them and Check Refferences out too.

I am Excited!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

PS Someone look u pothat word caucus to make sure I used it right...
smile.gif

------------------
<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI> AKA Moose Hunter
<LI> www.huntandlodge.com

moose.gif

[/list]

Moosie, DKO & Terry,

Be sure to bring the good ladies along as well. Even if they don't hunt, there will be plenty for them to enjoy and savour.

A tip from the inside: If your lady is not into hunting, be sure that the outfitter you book with as alternative entertainment available for the girls. It's not all THAT much fun for a non-hunter to walk the trails for 10 to 14 days. One can only give a limited amount of nice trophy-smiles with hubby and the beast, before you get bored.

South Africa has a lot to offer the non-hunting girls that wanna have fun. Glued-up outfitters usually have a local girl to join the visiting ladies on shopping sprees, visits to local massage parlours and coffee shops etc.

To give you guys a view from our side of the safari industry, we just love it when the girls come along - when treated as royalty they are the most insistent repeat clients. Africa does a lot for a lady.

Enjoy your planning - it's the start of your adventure!

Im in as well as the wife. Only way I can go is if I take her she has always wanted to go there.

Moosie, Good luck on the exotic hunt. Sure wish I could have went but we just bought a new house and are getting ready for the big move. More wall space for my trophies!

------------------
Live to Hunt-Terry aka Coydog.
coyote4.gif

Hello Moosie,

I am the one that contacted you via e mail the other night in reference to hunting the RSA.

The Gentleman I used in the RSA for the past three safaris was Charl Watts, of Caracal Hunting Safaris. He is located out of Vaalwater, RSA.

He owns and operates his business and his ranch is bowhunting only. The reason why I stated this fact is you'll find a big difference in the rifle hunted concessions and the bow only concessions in the success of the archer. In your post you put that you wanted to do some bowhunting, so I wanted to stress that point.

Charl has not only bowhunting concessions, but a number of gun hunting concessions also. He can accommodate both in one camp, making everyone happy.

Your wives are very much welcome. Finding a good outfitter that is woman friendly is a must. Like I said in the e mail to you; "If Momma isn't happy nobody's happy." The hospitality in the RSA is....well let's say you get really spoiled. They make sure they cut no corners to make your stay a memorable one. Once you hunt the RSA, you'll want to return again and again! That's the reason why the greats, Hemmingway, Capstick and the such wrote about this wonderful continent. Plus I belive they put something in your nightly drinks that has a device in it to make you return
smile.gif

If you all would like more information and the contact numbers I would be happy to share them with you. The gentlemen will be here in the states at the AMO show if you are going to it. Or to save a couple of pennies they will be visiting clients through out the states and you can call them there. They will be visiting our home from the 12 of Jan. to the 16th of Jan. for some American fun, snowmobiling, skiing and the such.

This is a nice site, I think I'll stick around for a little while. Thanks Moosie!

Cheers, and later.

Terry,

Thank you very much, and happy to be here!

I hope to hear about all of your African adventures, just can't get enough of that place.

Later

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back