A Sunny Day Rainbow

Big Sky

Rainbow trout that is. I may not be as lucky as LuckyMike, but I was pretty happy with this fish.
TroyAdams4-30-14B_zps90cddf66.jpg

GFHunter, for now the coyotes can breathe easier, but I wouldn't want to be one around me come next fall/winter. ;)

Ditbow! HUGE - and that is a gorgeous shot of you and that hawg on the water. Who is your photograher?

putm2sleep, I recruited my wife to take the photos. She caught this nice little brown shortly before I caught the rainbow at the beginning of this thread. It was a good day.
TerriAdams14-3014_zpsb8a96a50.jpg

How do you cook yours? I like to just gut them and remove the heads and fill the cavity with butter and lemon pepper seasoning and wrap them in foil and do them on the grill or in campfire coals.

How do you cook yours? I like to just gut them and remove the heads and fill the cavity with butter and lemon pepper seasoning and wrap them in foil and do them on the grill or in campfire coals.

Me too. Just like my dad showed me, and his dad showed him. . .

Gorgeous fish by the way. I haven't been out yet this year, and I think this is the inspiration I need.

If I am grilling at home I use real lemon slices, but use lemon pepper if I am away. Okay, now I am hungry..... Perhaps I better check the river when I cross it on the way home?

Back