A Rollercoaster Ride Through The CO Alpine

I followed along with much anticipation. Thanks for taking the time to write it up for us. Congratulations on a great hunt!

Everything A+ about this thread and hunt.
Congratulations.
This hunt and pack out will be a memory for the rest of your life..the good, the bad, the ugly. Later in life you will wonder how in the hell you did it....all solo.
It is a hell of an achievement.

i finally bought some thin lightweight cut resistant gloves to wear on my non cutting hand with a latex glove over it while processing in the field this fall.

I’ve always been a big no gloves of any kind guy. I don’t know just always felt right that way and I like it. But I am so damn sick of slicing a finger and bloodying up my first aid kit on at least one animal a fall.

IMG_3935.jpeg

Last edited:
i finally bought some thin lightweight cut resistant gloves to wear on my non cutting hand with a latex glove over it while processing in the field this fall.

I’ve always been a big no gloves of any kind guy. I don’t know just always felt right that way and I like it. But I am so damn sick of slicing a finger and bloodying up my first aid kit on at least one animal a fall.

View attachment 292777
Great call, buying one now

As usual, your storytelling is fast paced but highly descriptive, capturing the emotions and specific visuals that make hunting different and more exhilarating than any other individual pursuit that I personally have ever taken part in. Just awesome. And what a spectacularly miserable pack out.

Congratulations on the great bull and thanks for sharing the story.

Great call, buying one now
Yep. I’ll second @TOGIE ’s response. Love those gloves. Keep the other half of the pair at home for processing. I find they work best if just a touch small as the dexterity seems better that way.

Thanks for the story. Cool looking bull!

That was a cool story, and am glad those days of packing out elk on me back are behind me, though I wouldn't have traded it for anything. The thought of not hunting above tree line anymore in my waning years is a tough pill to swallow. This was an incredible hunt!

Reactions: Hem
Everything A+ about this thread and hunt.
Congratulations.
This hunt and pack out will be a memory for the rest of your life..the good, the bad, the ugly. Later in life you will wonder how in the hell you did it....all solo.
It is a hell of an achievement.
IDK about A+. He did procrastinate and turned it in late. But it was high quality stuff and very enjoyable to read. A-? Idk, I'm not a teacher.

Great story and a great bull. Congrats man. You put in the work and it paid off. That’s awesome.

*Side note - I didn’t used to debone, but I debone everything now.

Crazy that the hunt, kill, trophy, back out, all take second place to the quality of the story. You got my vote for a talkie this year.

...currently trying to get out of the GDD. Good reminder that it could be worse, I could be packing meat outta this hell hole.

Appreciate you all following along. Sorry it was so damn long, but when I joined HT I learned a ton from the recaps that explained situational decision making and strategy, and that's what I tried to do here. Thanks for your patience and interest.

Looking forward to the inevitable slew of badass stories and animals to come from you all this fall.
Thank you for sharing your hunt. Congratulations!

What a hunt. Good decision making and much drama.

Fabulous writing.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Avidsomething
Back