Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

A poorly filmed wolf experience

Copyright the wolf call mate, record it, sell it!😂

Interesting watch for anyone that suffers with 'flinch', anticipating the shot and 'pulling' instead of 'squeezing' the trigger, there was no movement in the rifle at all, perfect.

And a very restrained reaction that didn't require a 'bleep', it would of required one with me🤣
Beautiful colour on that wolf.

Cheers

Richard

Great video Randy thats why we like ya your reactions are 100% how we are in the field!! also and the no round in the gun priceless

I have watched a ton of your stuff, and have seen you take a lot of animals, or help others do the same. I never recall seeing you that excited!!! That was fun to watch.

Here is what he came up with. I am ready for all the heckling as people see me pull the rookie move of not putting a round in the chamber.

I'm prone to heckle you more for filming in portrait mode instead of landscape, I'm glad you pay those other guys to film the rest of the episodes :ROFLMAO:

Entertaining video. Almost as entertaining as the coming death threats and woof huggers threats I hope you will share.

A friend had hunted elk for over 20 years with no meat in the freezer. Other friends of mine took him, and put him on stand. When the herd stopped in front of him, he cycled through all five rounds in his Savage 99, never pulled the trigger. So, it can always be worse.

Good vid for self filmed effort. Your excitement really came through! The howling was awesome. never heard it before but they do it for wild dogs here in Australia as well

Just watched this great video waiting in the airport terminal. Had some people look at me when I burst out laughing at your reaction to your unloaded gun and the excitement of making the shot! Good stuff there. I thoroughly enjoyed that.

As a guy who has never even seen wolf in the wild, the size of those paw prints was impressive!

I recall watching an episode where Rinella ate a coyote, if you ever do end up cooking up the wolf do a video on it!

@Big Fin
I think you can flip the video on an iPhone by editing it and using the double triangle thingy in the upper left.
BFDD80F5-C19C-4937-9B62-BC40C738B406.jpeg

Congratulations on wolf. That was awesome and from look of excitement very unexpected. I do have a question. How often do you shoot left handed with a left handed rifle? I have watched you for years, I don't ever recall you shooting lefty.
Camera was backwards. That’s why when he was driving he was on the right hand side of the truck.

I recall watching an episode where Rinella ate a coyote, if you ever do end up cooking up the wolf do a video on it!
As one that has killed and stuck a knife in a wolf, no way in Hell I eat one. Or even put the meat in my freezer. mtmuley

As an update to the cooking part, since we edited this video a couple weeks ago, I have heard back from two wildlife disease ecologists. They have given me some articles to read and provided some research about the risks of eating carnivores. There are some spooky latin names in those diseases that could be present, but it seems that it can be mitigated by cooking temps.

Some of those listed diseases are not transmitted via meat, rather feces, which if I had contracted one of those diseases the symptoms would have been present by now. I wore gloves and was very careful when I skinned it, as I am with the coyotes, fox, and bobcats that I shoot/trap. Witnesses to my behavior might be saying, "That explains why he is the way he is."

When I get back from the next hunt we will thaw the backstraps and eat them. We will film it and post the results. If you are around Bozeman and don't mind mingling outside, wearing masks, and staying 6' apart, you will be welcome to give it a try.

If we can't make the backstraps edible, I suspect the hinds and front would be a lost cause.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back