A Poll Regarding Bad JuJu

Should I?

• Keep the cooler

Votes: 97 98.0%
  • Get rid of it immediately

Votes: 2 2.0%

• Total voters

Nameless Range

Hopefully this doesn’t come across as insensitive. Last summer I fell into ownership of this cooler.

10E5158A-D824-401B-BE30-44279AD734C6.jpeg

The man who owned it before me was tragically killed while fishing, and his wife, who is a friend of my mother, was cleaning out all his fishing/hunting stuff and offered it up to me.

I think it is a badass cooler, of a vintage I hadn’t seen since my youth, and I accepted it.

More than once now, I have been told to get rid of it by friends, who find it unsavory to take ownership of another man’s cooler who died while fishing. I always say I will appreciate it, and will never write my name on it, but that I feel the cooler should be pleased it still holds beer and fish.

But I do wonder, what does HuntTalk say?

Last edited:
I say keep it. I'm not a superstitious person, so to me it is logical to keep it if it still has a purpose and functions correctly. Plus the picture is pretty cool, as far as pictures of old coolers.

I would keep it. We ( and then I ) have received a variety of items from family and friends, through the years. Some died of old age and some by accident. We were honored that they thought of us, and we always took care of it. Never sold it or gave it away.. Firearms, fishing lures, camp equipment, "lucky" hats, lariat, saddle, even a dog once.

I’m assuming the cooler didn’t kill him, right? If that were the case, there might be some bad juju in it. Other than that, why not keep it? I think any fisherman who died doing something he loved would feel great about his cooler being used and appreciated by a man such as yourself.

We just gave away one this past summer, identical to that. Though, the bottom of ours was a little rough. Keep the cooler, add some memories of you own to it! memtb

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back