A Poll Regarding Bad JuJu

Should I?

• Keep the cooler

Votes: 97 98.0%
  • Get rid of it immediately

Votes: 2 2.0%

• Total voters
Keep it if you’ll use it. My garage is half full of crap I “might use someday” or that someone gave me. Major purge coming soon.

Thank you all.

Nearly unanimous advice. My buddies had me questioning myself.

I like the idea of letting the wife know that the cooler is still out there making memories.

Tonight was an annual get together with friends chasing ling and beer, and the cooler kept the Ancient Age at the proper temperature until it was nearly gone. It’s now going home with a couple burbot and another ding or two.

Nothing finer than the screams of kids reeling a ling out of the water in the light of their headlamps.

Happy New Year.

31DB6BB3-EF4F-477A-95C9-97FC437CA5DC.jpeg
5E629CE1-2BD9-4B37-BEDA-BF385D844C41.jpeg

We had the same cooler in red. It wound up with the ex & she still uses it.
I wonder how much of my stuff will wind up in a dump?

My granddad kept the shotgun my 2nd cousin (his nephew) killed himself with behind the door as his sparrow blaster. When asked how he could keep it around his response was “It’s just wood and steel.”
That’s a great old cooler. 👍

Of course you keep it! Absolutely.

Wouldn't you feel good knowing that your stuff that was part of your best times was going to be part of someone else's best times after you were gone - no matter how you go?

Remember and toast your friend whenever you pull out a beer. It's a no brainer.

Tell her it has "Muy bad"juju' maybe she will give it back. 🔥
It was not one of the meat coolers,so I let her have it along with the picnic basket. We used both when she came to NM this summer.
What goes around comes around. We are still friends and she brought me 2 rugs she wove for the old cabin,made from my Ranger jeans. Then she sent me the whole set of stoneware we had used this fall.
I gave her 2 of my grandpas hats & 1 from my uncles collection I have. Her daughter loves hats.
I live with good juju.....

In a similar situation, David Ball bought a corvette that used to belong Private Andrew Malone, a soldier that died in Vietnam. One night it ended up saving his life when the ghost of Private Malone pulled him from the burning wreckage of a crash, so I would say there is potential for good mojo just as well.

Maclean wrote that the first and last question of life was, "How did it happen". I don't feel comfortable saying because it could make the deceased identifiable, but the cooler was not involved.

@Ben Long I bought the Red Ryder for my son but I have been having way more fun with it than him.
@livingthedream I pulled that skull out of the banks of the Blackfoot west of Lincoln. It started to fall apart immediately so I coated the whole thing in polyurethane and that saved it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceemee63
Back