A Hunt To Make You Smile

Big Fin

Administrator
Staff member
Many of you who follow our content know of our relationship with Beau and Kirstin Baty of Wilderness Ridge Trail Llamas. Most of you know about, and contributed generously to, the second round of cancer treatments Beau is currently going through.

In between his treatments, Beau and Kirstin did an Idaho deer hunt that Kirstin had drawn a controlled hunt tag for. In this hunt Beau was determined to bring along their three year-old son, Wade.

I am glad we filmed this. It is about a family time together, going through life events, using hunting as part of the touchstone that provide some much needed sanity to life.

Part 1

Part 2

Watched the first episode last night and loved it. This family seems like the most genuine, salt-of-the-earth people out there. So fun to see any of the Baty’s on film! I look forward to seeing the second episode soon!

I, too, am glad you guys filmed this. I watched the first episode today and loved every minute. As a father of 4 young boys I found myself smiling at the frustrations of having a youngster on the hunt with you....knowing that I wouldn't trade that time or experience for the biggest deer on the mountain.

Good stuff, guys. Keep it up!

Great to see the Baty family so happy and successful. Great production work Marcus! The camera work and music really captured the essence of this memorable time for them.

Really enjoyed watching this! Feels good to see a family enjoying the outdoors. Props to them for bringing a 3 year old!

Watched the videos. Started my morning today with video #2. If it didn’t fill your soul with an incredible positive feeling, nothing will. I absolutely loved this unique series! Great job to all involved! Beau is the best and appears to have a GREAT family to match!

The degree of patience and love shown by the Baty's reinforces what great people they must be. I don't think I possess nearly a fraction of the patience they showed throughout those two episodes. Thanks Beau and Kirstin for showing us how it should be done.

Last edited:
Lots to like in those episodes. I enjoyed watching them this evening. In my reflection I see a lot of intentional choices made there. Any time you have a c-word diagnosis, your mind jumps to the worst-case ending, but I see Beau turning that on its head by choosing what he wants his legacy to be regardless of the outcome. Kirstin also made a couple of comments about her choices leading to this trip. Wade may not remember the trip, but the input of his parents will have a lasting impact on him. Marcus's effort to portray this hunt on film is appreciated, as well as Randy's choice of this hunt for the lineup of episodes this year. Definitely an inspiring hunt to follow and a statement about the values of everyone involved.

QQ

Wow! What a blessing, I enjoyed every second. God bless that family and thanks for sharing, truly the best hunting content I’ve seen.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stravic
Back