A hero passes today......

thecrittergitter

It is with a very heavy heart that I pass on the news to all who followed my friend Dan and his hunting expeditions this fall. Dan has passed away today and gone to the happy hunting grounds where he will be full of good hunting from now on. I want to thank again all the people who followed Dan's hunts this fall and especially thank those who offered their help and support in any way they could. The world has certainly lost a great person today, and my prayers go out to his family for their loss.

I couldn't thank Dan enough for allowing me to be a big part of his last hunting season, and again for the service and dedication he gave to his country and all of us.

Dan, you will be greatly missed by all! Happy hunting up there brother!!!!

Couple photos attached to tribute to Dan. The last photo is Christmas time when I gave Dan the photo collage I made for him from his hunting season. Was a neat day!

Attachments

• Dan Marine Photo.jpg
    Dan Marine Photo.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 1,387
  • Dan in Iraq.JPG
    Dan in Iraq.JPG
    276.5 KB · Views: 1,839
  • Dan In 2007.jpg
    Dan In 2007.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 1,326
  • Dan Buffalo 2 small.jpg
    Dan Buffalo 2 small.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 1,331
  • Dan Right after shot small.jpg
    Dan Right after shot small.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 1,319
  • Dans bull 1 small.jpg
    Dans bull 1 small.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 1,331
  • Dan Deer 2-small.jpg
    Dan Deer 2-small.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 1,313
  • Giving Dan Photo Collage small.jpg
    Giving Dan Photo Collage small.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 1,376
Your an incredible person for all of the effort you put into his season. I remember reading through your posts trying to find a place for this guy to hunt and could only wish I could help. Brought a tear to my eye looking at the pics.

That is a very touching thread, very sad news.
You are a great guy, thankfully i have never been in your position, but if i was i hope i could do the same for my buddy.
Richard

My prayers go out to his family and friends. He sounded like a great guy who was loved by many and will be missed. My hat goes off to you Matt for making his last hunting season so memorable, you are a great friend!

Thanks to Dan for what he gave for our country, and for both of you in helping us remember what is important.

Thank you for what you did for this young man. The gift that you gave him was not the Hunts, it was your total Friendship! May he rest in peace. John

I am very sorry to hear about his passing, but I am happy that he got to spend his last hunting season with great people and great success. My prayers are with him.

Sorry to see that he has passed although he is in a much better place now than we are. He had one heck of a GREAT season last year and you are lucky to have gotten to be part of that. Hats off for all you did. Thoughts and prayers sent for Dan, his family and friends. God bless.

Very sorry to hear of this. Thoughts and prayers go out to all who were close to Dan. And causes me to try do my best to honor those who give so much for us.

May the elk be plentiful where Dan is currently hunting.

Thanks for all you did, Matt. It was an inspiration to all of us.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Misterfortnite
Back