A Great Montana Steakhouse

OK all you old time Montanans.

In 1988 I was Great Falls for a job interview. After work the manager and crew took me to a place that was split down the middle. Bar on one side and Restaurant on the other. The dividing wall was open on each end. I had a Porterhouse there that was hanging over the sides of the plate. It was amazing. For the life of me, I can't remember the name of the place. There were MANY beers drunk that night.

In 1988 I was Great Falls for a job interview. After work the manager and crew took me to a place that was split down the middle. Bar on one side and Restaurant on the other. The dividing wall was open on each end. I had a Porterhouse there that was hanging over the sides of the plate. It was amazing. For the life of me, I can't remember the name of the place. There were MANY beers drunk that night.
Are you sure of the layout?
Or was it bar and restaurant on one side and " entertainment " on the other?🤣

I always wanted to see the Great Falls mermaid.
Alas, I am a failure.
A sight to see in Great Falls, depending on how many beers…
Hem, is the Willow Creek Inn still any good? I remember the mustard sauce ribs were amazing, but that was a long time ago. I heard it changed hands.

Hem, is the Willow Creek Inn still any good? I remember the mustard sauce ribs were amazing, but that was a long time ago. I heard it changed hands.
The ribs are still great, even with the new owners.

Its ok. We go maybe once a year.
I think it was better "a long time ago" when you probably visited.

Sounds like Borries in Black Eagle

Went to Borries a year or so ago. Was less than impressed, all the native GF folks spoke highly of it. I’ll never go back.
Every place has its bad days. My wife had their shrimp salad that was a disappointment, about 6 months later she tried it again and was much better. Their steaks and prime rib have always been good.
It sucks you had a bad meal, sorry to hear it.

Great Falls in a good restaurant dessert!!!
3 D, Borries, and Bar S are all good.
Try to get breakfast at 5 am or a late-night dinner at 3 am NOTA!
Geraldine Bar has the best Burgers that I have ever eaten.
It's like they step outside kill a cow and grind it for your burger WOW!

One thing I’ve come to love about Montana bars, most have a damn good burger! Or maybe its the fact I’m tired, hungry or had a few too many longnecks that make them great!
The Winifred Bar has a good big burger.

I don't remember the name of it, but my sister took me there when she was in school in Helena. Place way out in the boonies - like a 45 minute drive, had no phone, and you had to send them a post card to request a reservation, and they'd send you one back with your date/time.

That was some damn good food.

And Timber Bar in Big Timber has (or at least had) great burgers.

I don't remember the name of it, but my sister took me there when she was in school in Helena. Place way out in the boonies - like a 45 minute drive, had no phone, and you had to send them a post card to request a reservation, and they'd send you one back with your date/time.

That was some damn good food.

And Timber Bar in Big Timber has (or at least had) great burgers.
Big Timber bar has a good steak, also.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back