Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

A Great Montana Steakhouse

I don't remember the name of it, but my sister took me there when she was in school in Helena. Place way out in the boonies - like a 45 minute drive, had no phone, and you had to send them a post card to request a reservation, and they'd send you one back with your date/time.

That was some damn good food.

And Timber Bar in Big Timber has (or at least had) great burgers.
Marysville? Up by the ski area? They’ve got damn good steaks.

I don't remember the name of it, but my sister took me there when she was in school in Helena. Place way out in the boonies - like a 45 minute drive, had no phone, and you had to send them a post card to request a reservation, and they'd send you one back with your date/time.

That was some damn good food.

And Timber Bar in Big Timber has (or at least had) great burgers.
We had burgers at the Timber last Sat. for the antelope opener....they are still good! And as an aside, the Timber Bar has one of the best whiskey offerings around, and some damn good draft beer choices that you normally wouldn't find in a smaller town bar. I could eat there a few times a month I think.

Frontier Supper Club in Dunkirk is the best steak house you’ve never heard of.

Red Robin, Missoula...
Neffa3, Neffa3, Neffa3,
We regret to inform you that your are now grounded and will be subject to insane amounts of sarcastic comments and then be forced to attend a rally sponsored by PETA.

Red Robin..... At least they offer endless fries.

Was wondering if the Diamond S Ranch Hotel was still going around Boulder.? Giant old log buildings,huge bar and steak house, steam baths and hot pools, olympic size hot pool too.
A monthly trip to the hot springs and a steak dinner was a must back in 1975. Best steak I ever et in MT. Wonder if Ruby still slings steaks and dances the hokey pokey?

The Cafe in Dell was a good place to eat too. Had breakfast there and couldn't complain. Priced reasonable, it was in the old school house if I remember right.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
believeinyourself
Back