Caribou Gear Tarp

A Great Montana Steakhouse

Cornbread

This is a blatant plug for a Montana steakhouse I had the pleasure to find. It's called the Mussellshell Steakhouse in Martinsdale, MT. I got the 14 oz NY Strip that had the best flavor of any steak Ive ever had, including some of the best steakhouses in New York City like Gallagher's, Ben Benson's. Smith & Wollensky, and right a place in old Brooklyn called Peter Luger's. Give it a try and let me know if it meats (no pun intended) your standards.
Cornbread.

Last edited:
I'll have to look it up. maybe have to drive through there on the way home. You'll have to try the steakhouse. I love helping out local small businesses. They appreciate our patronage.

This is a blatant plug for a Montana steakhouse I had the pleasure to find. It's called the Mussellshell Steakhouse in Martinsdale, MT. I got the 14 oz NY Strip that had the best flavor of any steak Ive ever had, including some of the best steakhouses in New York City like Gallagher's, Ben Benson's. Smith & Wollensky, and right a place in old Brooklyn called Peter Luger's. Give it a try and let me know if it meats (no pun intended) your standards.
Cornbread.
Is that restaurant formerly the Crazy Mountain Inn hotel and restaurant or a new eating place? Crazy Mountain Inn has been known for delicious homemade pies. (Hank of NM would even agree if he tried some.)

I'm sold.

I love me a small-town steak. I wrote this about an experience I had at The Windsor Bar, in Boulder, MT a month or so ago.

A feature of small town bars is that the bartender is often also the cook, busser, dishwasher, and hostess.

This evening at the Windsor in Boulder the gal running the bar was solo and at one time serving 19 imbibers, a portion of which were also eating, and the show ran beyond smooth - it ran perfect.

I believe most of the world’s art is associated with work, and is actually not the fruity free time recreation of paintbrushes and some instrument we most often think of when we think of art, and tonight an artist cooked me a steak.

Pablo Picasso said that, “Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.”

Heck yeah buddy , a gullet of beef fat from a perfectly cooked steak and a beer will add a sheen to the human spirit that’ll blind ya.

1665515875536.png

Two Dot also has (maybe had? Haven’t been there in a few years) an excellent bar/steakhouse. I’ll have to give Mdale a shot next time I’m through. One of my favorites is Beef & Bone in Ulm.

If you want real small town go get some beans at the Jersey Lilly in Ingomar.
The down-home, authentic recipe chicken fried steak at the Jersey Lilly was my favorite.
I think the Jersey Lilly is closed presently and for sale, as is the Dirty Shame Saloon in the Yaak.
If I were a younger guy I'd figure out a way to buy one of those iconic watering holes and have a good time!

The down-home, authentic recipe chicken fried steak at the Jersey Lilly was my favorite.
I think the Jersey Lilly is closed presently and for sale, as is the Dirty Shame Saloon in the Yaak.
If I were a younger guy I'd figure out a way to buy one of those iconic watering holes and have a good time!
The Jersey Lily is open on certain days. They operate as a person on Facebook and were open this weekend. They served only Burgers, Beans, and Hors d'oeuvres. It was until supplies were out. I didn't see if they'd be open any other weekend but I'd make a big assumption that they'll be open for General Opener.

I don’t think the jersey is open. They were not in September. Ate there dozens of times when there were antelope around. Even amidst the mouse infestation while eating. It was a character place. Fine dining not so much.

The bar in Two Dot does really good fried chicken. I dont know thats its an every day thing, tho.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dalton14rocks
Back