MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

A few dink bulls

drahthaar

Nothing spectacular for sure. Checked the cams, then went down to the valley and from one spot glassed a minimum of 500 elk. Unreal, haven't seen that many before up there.

fr-1-15-11176.jpg

Same bull in two spots
fr-1-15-11664.jpg

muliebull.jpg

fr-1-15-11652.jpg

muliebms.jpg

Only two predators I had
Think this one is female?
lion1-1.jpg

Had this one on two cams 1/2 mile apart on the same road.
lionprill.jpg

Snow is coming off up there fast. Valley is brown, they might just say heck with it and head to the valley floor.

Its been 40 degrees for 3 days! Good for wintering game.

Nice to see more game than predators for once!

Cripes belly, you should see the elk up there. I was glassing the biggest herd up where I heard Ksanka pack was hanging. All of a sudden they bunched up and took off running across the hill. Only ran about 300 yards, and went back to milling around. Things must be jumpy, stampede like that for no reason.

You could see a few gimpy ones get left behind in just that little run. Dragging legs, limping. I am sure, those will be easy pickings at some point. The good thing is, they are all in brown grass, not bucking deep snow.

I want to go back with a camera.

Went back out to get some pics of some of these groups that are basically free of predators, and wintering out like kings and queens. I didn't even see the big herd of 250+, pics aren't great, but it was as close as we could get. Pretty much all private. The 250 were on public land, but its state school trust land and its completely closed to even walking until April or so.

You can just make out the state's only native herd of bighorn sheep in the upper right hand corner. That is the public land I was talking about. They watch this herd pretty close as the wolves will chase them around a bit.
download008.jpg

download011-1.jpg

download015.jpg

download013.jpg

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sbaker
Back