A double: buck and doe.

Tom

Its not real often I get a double, but here is one from last weekend.

It was at a ranch near San Angelo Texas with lots of deer. We went 6 for 4, but started out slow. I guess it was bad luck at the start, because on the scouting trip we saw a lot of shooters. Then we ended strong and got 6 on the trip. Here's what I shot.

I was going to Wyoming but my hunt trip partner volunteered for Iraq. It was between this hunt and a NM cow elk and I chose this one. Here's what I got, besides a good trip with some friends, old and new.

Attachments

• buckanddoe.jpg
    buckanddoe.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 262
Congrats Tom.
sum good eats there!

Here's my buddies ATV on the hunt. Its rigged out pretty good. A 12 pack (???), a portable blind, his gun, his girlfriend's gun, a day pack with who knows what in it, and some brush cutters for making a nice hideout for the two of them.

All the rain really helped the bucks do well, they aren't going to the corn flingers much yet, maybe later, after they eat all the accorns and the food drys up, the corn flinger will be of some help.

Attachments

• leonsrig.jpg
    leonsrig.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 198
Amazing similarities to my set up. However, I used boltcutters instead of brushcutters. Works better on locked gates and barbed wire fences.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brutus56
Back