PEAX Equipment

A couple ugly rough guys go hunting

Dude, that hat might be worse than my fishing hat. Awesome country guys and great buck Schmalts. That's what I've started building points for. Congrats on a what looks like a fun hunt.

Nice buck. Great looking camp set up. I'm trying my first back country hammock spike camp with a Clark NX-250. I'm surprised more hunters don't use these. Any advice with the Clark for my first time out with it. hunting Elk in Monatana October 20.

Great stuff guys! Looks like some beautiful country!

Nice buck too!

Mtmiller, GunR that good a lab to stay quiet while on a muzzleloader hunt? WOW! I agree with IDNative, most photogenic of the bunch...

And those rocks... Mmmmm, comfy! Don't care what pad was slept on! haha!

I took my dogs on a walk in a roadless area more to get out with the dogs a couple years ago... wouldn't ya know it - my hound bumped out the best buck I had ever seen there!

Nice buck. Great looking camp set up. I'm trying my first back country hammock spike camp with a Clark NX-250. I'm surprised more hunters don't use these. Any advice with the Clark for my first time out with it. hunting Elk in Monatana October 20.

Best advice, practice setting it up and getting the right pitch. Also, have at least a 3.0 R rating for the pad. I bought the Big Agnes bag that has the pocket to slip the pad in so you cannot roll off and that is heaven for a hammock user. I have little to no use for a tent these day since I used a hammock 7 years ago. You will love that Clark, they are a great setup.

I've tried the hammock thing, but it is hell on my back.

Looks like you two had a great time. Congrats.

Mtmiller, GunR that good a lab to stay quiet while on a muzzleloader hunt? WOW! I agree with IDNative, most photogenic of the bunch...

GuNR was very good, but to be honest, he came in with me prehunt and helped set up camp and haul in food. After that, I took him to dog jail and only joined us for the last two days after we came out after a 1 1/2 day break.

10_zps4cf3036f.jpg

Looks like you had a fun time.
I have never hunted back country CO but did some hiking and fishing when i was over there, real rugged country.
You dog is a stunning looking dog, but what is he carrying that was so heavy it split the boulder above?:D
Cheers
Richard

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back