7mm-08

GeneralLefty

Been interested in a Browning X-bolt chambered in 7mm-08. What is everyone’s experience with the round? I will be using it for WT and Axis mostly. Occasional hogs.

It gets a lot of love here. I've got one, not an x-bolt but a 7-08 no complaints so far. Everything was real dead, real fast. X-bolts are good shooting guns my brother and cousin have them my only complaint is the cheapo plastic magazine.

It gets a lot of love here. I've got one, not an x-bolt but a 7-08 no complaints so far. Everything was real dead, real fast. X-bolts are good shooting guns my brother and cousin have them my only complaint is the cheapo plastic magazine.
I can see that being annoying. Spend good money on a rifle and your mag is plastic lol.

Nothing wrong with a 7mm-08. Relatively mild recoil, kills great. My family has stacked up a bunch of deer and hogs with 7-08. Ammo can be a little sparse sometimes so if you’re not a hand-loader .308 does the same thing but ammo always available just about everywhere.

Nothing wrong with a 7mm-08. Relatively mild recoil, kills great. My family has stacked up a bunch of deer and hogs with 7-08. Ammo can be a little sparse sometimes so if you’re not a hand-loader .308 does the same thing but ammo always available just about everywhere.
Thanks man

Brownells has a Black Friday sale on Howa 1500 barreled actions in 7mm-08.

Stocky stocks has a Black Friday sale as well.

Saturday you could have a nice rifle way better that that Browning.
Sure is tempting. Will look at the websites. Appreciate it.

Saturday you could have a nice rifle way better that that Browning.

Why do you think that option would be better than an X-Bolt? I’m not trying to be argumentative, just trying to see if I may be missing something (an admitted X-Bolt fan).

To add- don’t mind the “plastic” magazine at all, in fact I prefer it.

Why do you think that option would be better than an X-Bolt? I’m not trying to be argumentative, just trying to see if I may be missing something (an admitted X-Bolt fan).

To add- don’t mind the “plastic” magazine at all, in fact I prefer it.
Having an A Bolt SSA the X Bolt action is stiffer (gritty) than the A Bolt.

And an actual composite stock is much better than anybodys cheap plastic stock!!!

Get a Tikka barreled action with a composite stock, and now you have the cat's meow!!!

I purchased a sake a7 as a loaner backup rifle in 7mm-08 to let my girlfriend at the time or my nephews use it.
I have shot, short of a dozen elk and truckload of deer. Longest elk shot was 285ish. Great cartridge, great gun. My wife has now claimed it, named it and I get to shoot it sometimes.

I probably shoot that rifle better than I shoot my win 300wsm.

I get you in the stock point std7mag, fair point.

I also have an A-Bolt, and while I like it I do prefer the X-Bolt in almost every way. Who knows, different strokes….

Also fair point on the Tikka action, the Howa action/barrel being an advantage is mainly what tripped me up. Splitting hairs here I’m sure, all are good options and great caliber to boot.

Back