7mm-08

GeneralLefty

Been interested in a Browning X-bolt chambered in 7mm-08. What is everyone’s experience with the round? I will be using it for WT and Axis mostly. Occasional hogs.

It gets a lot of love here. I've got one, not an x-bolt but a 7-08 no complaints so far. Everything was real dead, real fast. X-bolts are good shooting guns my brother and cousin have them my only complaint is the cheapo plastic magazine.

It gets a lot of love here. I've got one, not an x-bolt but a 7-08 no complaints so far. Everything was real dead, real fast. X-bolts are good shooting guns my brother and cousin have them my only complaint is the cheapo plastic magazine.
I can see that being annoying. Spend good money on a rifle and your mag is plastic lol.

Nothing wrong with a 7mm-08. Relatively mild recoil, kills great. My family has stacked up a bunch of deer and hogs with 7-08. Ammo can be a little sparse sometimes so if you’re not a hand-loader .308 does the same thing but ammo always available just about everywhere.

Nothing wrong with a 7mm-08. Relatively mild recoil, kills great. My family has stacked up a bunch of deer and hogs with 7-08. Ammo can be a little sparse sometimes so if you’re not a hand-loader .308 does the same thing but ammo always available just about everywhere.
Thanks man

Brownells has a Black Friday sale on Howa 1500 barreled actions in 7mm-08.

Stocky stocks has a Black Friday sale as well.

Saturday you could have a nice rifle way better that that Browning.
Sure is tempting. Will look at the websites. Appreciate it.

Saturday you could have a nice rifle way better that that Browning.

Why do you think that option would be better than an X-Bolt? I’m not trying to be argumentative, just trying to see if I may be missing something (an admitted X-Bolt fan).

To add- don’t mind the “plastic” magazine at all, in fact I prefer it.

Why do you think that option would be better than an X-Bolt? I’m not trying to be argumentative, just trying to see if I may be missing something (an admitted X-Bolt fan).

To add- don’t mind the “plastic” magazine at all, in fact I prefer it.
Having an A Bolt SSA the X Bolt action is stiffer (gritty) than the A Bolt.

And an actual composite stock is much better than anybodys cheap plastic stock!!!

Get a Tikka barreled action with a composite stock, and now you have the cat's meow!!!

I purchased a sake a7 as a loaner backup rifle in 7mm-08 to let my girlfriend at the time or my nephews use it.
I have shot, short of a dozen elk and truckload of deer. Longest elk shot was 285ish. Great cartridge, great gun. My wife has now claimed it, named it and I get to shoot it sometimes.

I probably shoot that rifle better than I shoot my win 300wsm.

I get you in the stock point std7mag, fair point.

I also have an A-Bolt, and while I like it I do prefer the X-Bolt in almost every way. Who knows, different strokes….

Also fair point on the Tikka action, the Howa action/barrel being an advantage is mainly what tripped me up. Splitting hairs here I’m sure, all are good options and great caliber to boot.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sscrano
Back