6.5 creed vs 2

It's true. I once killed a deer with a giant lump of lead that I launched from a .20 gauge shotgun. I think the BC was about .00001. But I was always a deviant.
I killed a steer at 8 yards with a 0.5 gauge/60mm (2 pound rock to the forehead). DRT. True story.

Last edited:
They are all good if used within their limits, trouble with the 6.5 CM was the outrages claims made about the round. There is one thing that I have noticed , has anyone heard a hunter ever talk smack on the 7-08 ? It just seems like their owners like the cartridge without the cult like attitude.

Been there. I've killed elk with an 870 pump shotgun. mtmuley
Now that’s pretty cool to me. I was tempted to take a .20 gauge slug gun on a cow elk hunt. Didn’t do it as got thinking about how my range would be limited. Ended up killing a cow with a .300 Win........at 40 yards.

Now that’s pretty cool to me. I was tempted to take a .20 gauge slug gun on a cow elk hunt. Didn’t do it as got thinking about how my range would be limited. Ended up killing a cow with a .300 Win........at 40 yards.
I've killed two with my 870. 50 yards is my max. Tags are good for my property. I killed a bull with my RUM at 42 yards. Stuff happens. mtmuley

cow tags

I've killed two with my 870. 50 yards is my max. Tags are good for my property. I killed a bull with my RUM at 42 yards. Stuff happens. mtmuley

cow tags
I’d be confident out to 100/120 yards with my Savage 220 with Remington Accutips.

I'm still trying to figure out what a <decimal> 20 gauge shotgun is.
Killed a metric shit ton of deer and a few coyotes with a normal 20 gauge slug gun over the years as I grew up in a slug-only state...

As others have said they are basically the same thing I have a 6.5 creedmoore and a 260 rem for what ever reason I like the 260 more but around where I live I have noticed I don’t see 260 ammo in stores but everyone carries 6.5 creedmoore if I didn’t reload I probably would only have the creedmoore due to local ammo availability.
Really, almost every store I’m in still has 260 ammo on the shelves. When you ask about Creedmoor ammo the clerk just laughs.

It seems to be faster and has more foot lbs of energy.
Barnes reloading data seems to contradict this statement.

Get rid of it if that sets your hair on fire, but there is absolutely no significant difference between the two in terms of external ballistics and real world application.

Really, almost every store I’m in still has 260 ammo on the shelves. When you ask about Creedmoor ammo the clerk just laughs.
Most of these local stores don’t even stock the 260 at all and currently you can’t find creedmoore or any ammo at all other than shotgun ammo I was talking about during normal times before the ammo shortages all these store around me had creedmoore ammo

If you were starting from scratch, sure go with the .260. If you currently have a rifle you like and it shoots well the only reason to go from 6.5cm to .260 is peer pressure. I shoot a CM and laugh along with all the hate memes. Who cares, don't over think it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back