6.5 cm hate?

• Thread starter Deleted member 38069
  • Start date
From those in the know, selling commercially or owning them, it is a great caliber out to 5-600 yds. I have heard it called facetiously, 6.5 Needmore. Because of that, I purchased a 6.5 PRC. USE IT ON DEER, antelope, sheep, even elk at average ranges. It will shoot flat and be fine.
That’s unfortunate, everyone knows 6.5s are ethically dubious and that the folks who carry them are not to be trusted, as by carrying such a weapon they are demonstrating their unprincipled and amoral nature.

Last edited:
I'll do my part to get to 300. I bought a 6.5 but gave it away to a needy hunter before I ever shot it. As far as comparing it to a .243, I bet hundreds of thousands of Texas deer have met their ends from a .243 back when you had to learn to shoot on squirrels and rabbits before you even thought about deer hunting. Likewise 25.06 and .257 Roberts. Just shoot them in the lungs with a good bullet.

I will do my part in an effort to help this gentleman reach his goal of 300 posts on his thread

The number "300" and reading thru some of the posts made since I logged off yesterday, reminded me of the movie "300" and I envisioned the combatants on this thread looking like the warriors in that movie. ;)

Hunting wife, Panda Bear, Randi, Idaholass----300 scantly clad warriors with bodies like a young Arnold, Sylvester, Mike, noharleyyet, mtmuley, Ben Lamb, Vikingsguy, wilm1313, losing sanity and -------, ---------, ----------, The last three ask to remain anonymous ;)

Boomer usaf-----only three to go :)

I would say as someone who has a few friends who are "adult onset hunters", they see the 6.5CM as the "perfect hunting round". Does that come from the hunting community perpetuating it as a joke combined with the naivety of newcomers, or the success of a marketing department?

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back