6.5 cm hate?

• Thread starter Deleted member 38069
  • Start date
87 points deducted for using a font developed post 1649.
Did you know that font comes from the french fonte, casting. Because the block print letters were all cast at the same time and each casting was a bit different.

Did you know that font comes from the french fonte, casting. Because the block print letters were all cast at the same time and each casting was a bit different.
No, but my son educated me on the literal translation of “Les Grand Tetons” as we dove by them on our trip to MT. 🤷‍♂️

I don't quite understand all of the hate towards the 6.5 creedmoor. In my books it's a flat shooting round that is effective on deer sized game. I own one and love it! I also have a 7mm-08, .270 and a .300 win mag. But I wanted one ever since 2010. I read an article about two ex-marines coming up with the round and just recently MARSOC and other units have agreed to use it as their sniper rounds. To me, that nullifies the "girly" comments about the round. Just curious why such resistance to an effective round.
From those in the know, selling commercially or owning them, it is a great caliber out to 5-600 yds. I have heard it called facetiously, 6.5 Needmore. Because of that, I purchased a 6.5 PRC. USE IT ON DEER, antelope, sheep, even elk at average ranges. It will shoot flat and be fine.

The only hate in our hosehold towards the 6.5 was when I showed up with one. My wife looks at me and gives me the "really, what the hell you need another one of those things for?" I said "it's a gun I bought for you to use since you dont like my 7mag and for me for my backpack hunts." Next thing I know she's taken a deer, antelope, and a 6pt. bull and now all we have is "love" for the 6.5. Funny how those things happen. I will say it's a great little piece of iron and I'm happy to have one.
zactly. eff and A. having some excitement and buy in makes it a little easier to spend on guns and hunting

I think the 6.5 creedmore has had some great marketing and the following is growing stronger. Also it is by design an inherently accurate cartridge and thus helping its popularity. Gun manufacturers are going to produce them and continue to.
Like stated it’s a great choice for medium game and mid range hunting given the correct bullet and shot placement.
The 6.5 creedmore is around to stay. I think the 260rem will probably fall out before the creedmore will.

That said I won’t be building one as I already have a 6.5SAUM.

Does the 6.5 creedmore or Kuiu gear make someone a better hunter? It might. It might not. What’s important to me is the confidence and practice with your rifle and getting familiar with it. High end Camo does IMO make me more comfortable while hunting and does serve a purpose for me.
blue jeans and tshirts serve a purpose. but not when it is 42 and raining. i will take the firstlite/sitka/kuiu thanks. ol skoo dudes may think I look stupid. but im comfortable in almost all conditions tyvm

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back