6.5 cm hate?

• Thread starter Deleted member 38069
  • Start date
I was also drawn into the 6.5cm craze a few years ago. Until deer season the opening day had to shoot a 8pt buck 3 times. All were good hits and none of the rounds exited. Shortly after traded it for a 308. To me a 6.5cm is just a glorified 243.

A fool and his money are soon parted...:ROFLMAO:

Mine killed a fat cow and a big buck last week, one shot apiece. Found the LRX from the elk lodged in an aspen on the other side of her, she went 30yds, the buck went about 10. It's amazing what happens when you put a good bullet where it counts...

Attachments

• q2Kri8ODR86lMAxJxC7hjg.jpg
    q2Kri8ODR86lMAxJxC7hjg.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 14
  • GktLAQjRQryILGWscS3oiw.jpg
    GktLAQjRQryILGWscS3oiw.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 14
  • LUuVU3hGTRm2wL4nMLmP+Q.jpg
    LUuVU3hGTRm2wL4nMLmP+Q.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Just droppin' this here because it's 6.5 related. Comment on an article about Jim Carmichael's benchrest world record (that didn't use a 6.5 CM).

manbun.png

Just droppin' this here because it's 6.5 related. Comment on an article about Jim Carmichael's benchrest world record (that didn't use a 6.5 CM).

View attachment 163912
If you watch OL and F&S posts about anything rifle related they almost always mention a 6.5creedmoor. I think readers are fed up with the monotony. Watch their social media posts and you’ll see the comments that people post poking fun at the regularity.

If you watch OL and F&S posts about anything rifle related they almost always mention a 6.5creedmoor. I think readers are fed up with the monotony. Watch their social media posts and you’ll see the comments that people post poking fun at the regularity.
Yeah, that's where the comment was from (OL I believe). I think just about everyone is tired of hearing about it more than anything.

In the spirit of old revived threads, a modern history moment brought to you by Hornady's flourishing accounting department...

Before the 6.5C was widely available and solved the magazine length and twist problems that factory .260's had (other than a very limited run of 1-8" 700's in the early '00s, but same mag problems), you had to go custom. The 6.5x47 Lapua is very nearly the same mousetrap, but was never destined for stardom. I sold my GAP built Lapua to go to a 6.5 with more component support, LR primers so I could stock up on one size, and still shoot the same bullet I liked at the same-ish velocity.

Lost in the world of 6.5 creed love and hate is the number of boxes it checks in a factory gun that only a dozen years ago would have required custom work and handloading. The vast majority of users probably have no idea what those boxes are or why they are valuable, hence the annoying, largely uninformed, fanboy noise; speaking generally, not of this forum.

6.5x47L on a Defiance action, Bartlein rem sporter at 23", edge fill McMillan Rem Classic. My Tikka T3x in 6.5 does everything it did, and at the time I bought it was about $700. Even with a custom stock and bottom metal it's less than half the price of a full custom. Also a Stone Glacier solo from the first year, when it was running out of Kurt's house. The frame is still going, I gave it to a buddy who hauled an elk out with it two weeks ago.

IMG_0704_2_zps3c3b744e.jpg

I dont know what a creed more is, possibly a type of cheese, but I do take offense at your "point of reference " :cool:
The Creedmoor is the Casu Marzu of the Tillamook refined calibre afficianados...NTTAWWT

Last edited:
In the spirit of old revived threads, a modern history moment brought to you by Hornady's flourishing accounting department...

Before the 6.5C was widely available and solved the magazine length and twist problems that factory .260's had (other than a very limited run of 1-8" 700's in the early '00s, but same mag problems), you had to go custom. The 6.5x47 Lapua is very nearly the same mousetrap, but was never destined for stardom. I sold my GAP built Lapua to go to a 6.5 with more component support, LR primers so I could stock up on one size, and still shoot the same bullet I liked at the same-ish velocity.

Lost in the world of 6.5 creed love and hate is the number of boxes it checks in a factory gun that only a dozen years ago would have required custom work and handloading. The vast majority of users probably have no idea what those boxes are or why they are valuable, hence the annoying, largely uninformed, fanboy noise; speaking generally, not of this forum.

6.5x47L on a Defiance action, Bartlein rem sporter at 23", edge fill McMillan Rem Classic. My Tikka T3x in 6.5 does everything it did, and at the time I bought it was about $700. Even with a custom stock and bottom metal it's less than half the price of a full custom. Also a Stone Glacier solo from the first year, when it was running out of Kurt's house. The frame is still going, I gave it to a buddy who hauled an elk out with it two weeks ago.

View attachment 164720
That’s fine and all but it’s too bad your tiny, bb sized bullets don’t kill stuff. 😉

Capital Punishment on Hunt Talk
View attachment 163913

Point of order, people.

A caliber is the diameter of a bore or projectile. A cartridge is the casing, powder, primer & bullet.

Stop being ignorami, you impetuous dolts of mediocrity.

Also, the Swedes have been killing moose with a 6.5 for over 120 years. Ballistics are a wonderful thing.

Point of order, people.

A caliber is the diameter of a bore or projectile. A cartridge is the casing, powder, primer & bullet.

Stop being ignorami, you impetuous dolts of mediocrity.

Also, the Swedes have been killing moose with a 6.5 for over 120 years. Ballistics are a wonderful thing.
Objection...
Hotel California timestamp precedence is approved testimony. Defendent 6.5 CM bearing a 2007 birthstamp, Counselor Lamb's rebuke is therefore irrelevant.

Get off my lawn..

Objection...
Hotel California timestamp precedence is approved testimony. Defendent 6.5 CM bearing a 2007 birthstamp, Counselor Lamb's rebuke is therefore irrelevant.
The council has decided. YOu are incorrect. the CALIBER, 6.5, has been around since 1892 or so. The cartridge 6.5 cm since 2007.

I know it's 2020 and nothing matters to you troglodytes anymore, but WORDS HAVE MEANINGS, PEOPLE!

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back