MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

5.11 Tactical

WBouldin

I have been looking at 5.11s stuff lately, both clothes and packs, and was wondering how it holds up? I know this is an MR/Kifaru group but is there anyone wearing the clothes or packs that can speak to their durability and functionality?

BBD,

I have their Rush 12 daypack with detachable patrol weapon holder, rear sling / ammo pocket.
This pack is only 1400 Cubic Inches but is very durable and was built for Ops.
Up from there are their Rush 24 (2200 C.I.) & Rush 72 (3200 C.I.)
These are very durable as are their BDU`s as several officers I know can attest to their performance.
Ironically I just saw a Rush 72 in Multi-cam at Cabels in Delaware, which makes trying on easier.

I wear there pants and have a few shirts. I would say I'm pleased with overall durability. One thing I noticed with their clothes is a lack of consistency in sizing. I have several pants in exact same size that have very different fit.

Be wary of their flashlights- the" light for life" was garbage

I don't have a pack but a small "range" type bag that's worked out fine.

They definitely push the "Tacticool" look

I've used some of their earth-tone colored pants for day trips and off season glassing. Good durability with the reinforced knees and stitching. Is it worth the retail price? I go back and forth on that one. If you keep an eye out, you can find some pretty great sales both online and in brick and mortar stores.

Oh, and their belts are great if you carry a holster on your side.

5.11 Tactical gear is well made and strong. If you spend the money to purchase you will find that the product is robust, tough and will hold up to abuse. The Stryke pants will change the way you think pants should feel and move.

*** FULL DISCLOSURE- I am a 5.11 Tactical employee.

I just spend 5 days straight in the ridgeline pants and loved em, pockets were a bit overkill (for me).

Employee guy. Why the stryke over the ridgerunner? PM me if you want

Ridgeline pants are my personal everyday pant. I was thinking Stryke pants for this audience because they have cargo pockets and Ridgeline do not. I, personally, am not a cargo pocket guy.

Material is the same, two-way mechanical stretch. As such, if you loved the Ridgeline and want a pant w/ cargo pockets, the Stryke is the answer.

I carry them here where I work. I have 3 pairs of the tac pro pants and they are 3 years old. I wear them everyday to work. Very durable . I have hiked and hunted in them a bit. Great gear for the money .

Don't overlook Truspec either. I use their bdu's for training days at work, and they've held up to 3 yrs of abuse.

I do have a 5.11 go bag that seems to be well made.

I wore the pants for awhile when I worked EMS, very comfortable and rugged but the navy color faded rather quickly. My employer bought everyone a 5.11 daypack a few yrs ago. I originally intended on using mine as a hunting daypack, but after a few miles with 25-40lbs on board, it remains my work pack. It was just not as comfortable with that load as my old Blackhawk 3 day assault pack, which has seen considerable use over the last 10 yrs. However, the 5.11 pack would work in a pinch. Overall I like their products and would not hesitate in buying more should the need arise.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bgeary
Back