Yeti GOBOX Collection

4 years still waiting on my buck. How long is too long?

I know someone that had an ordeal similar to this - he at least got the animal albeit in poor shape back but I don't believe ever got any money back (not worth a court case for a few hundred I imagine).

Like everyone else said show up announced and be prepared for disappointment. I would not count on getting the animal or a refund.

I had a similar situation with my tundra swan. I ended up getting it back as a good mount after 4 years. The situation started similarly to yours. After 2 years of getting excuses he started dodging me and would not answer my calls or return my messages. At some point, he simply turned off his voicemail from receiving angry messages from clients. I then resorted to sending registered letters requesting my swan or an update. Nothing. His shop was about 1 1/2 hrs from home, so I tried to swing by several times unannounced but never caught him in his shop. I finally had a friend of mine call and tell him she wanted to drop some ducks off for her husband. At that point, he has reactivated his voicemail. When he called her back, she handed the phone to me. I politely told him in no uncertain terms that I would be at his shop in 2 weeks and expected my swan and refund for my deposit or a finished mount. I was really surprised when we got there my swan was ready. He screwed up the base, but I was just happy to get it at that point. He had some legitimate excuses, a divorce, his father passed, etc... I would have been fine working with him if he had been open and communicated. But to disappear off the grid with my deposit and bird was completely unacceptable. I will never do business with him again and will disclose a full accounting to anyone I know that is considering using his shop.

Have you contacted your game agency? In indiana our dnr would step in and help you recover your property. They would most likely be interested as to why he has had it so long.

Have you contacted your game agency? In indiana our dnr would step in and help you recover your property. They would most likely be interested as to why he has had it so long.
I wouldn't be too sure about that...It took a news report to get them to investigate the guy from Brownsburg.

Ironic this came up today as I was going to post something similar. I am on 26 months and keep getting a similar response. The one difference is I have had 3 other deer done by this guy and I know he is a small shop and backed up, but still makes me nervous.

You guys are too nice. If were my animals, I would raise hell in getting them back!

I wouldn't be too sure about that...It took a news report to get them to investigate the guy from Brownsburg.
Wow. Thats to bad im glad he was shut down. A friend had his stuff riuned by him. On rhe other hand a taxidermist where i grew up was heavily pressured by dnr to return everyones property and shut down.

After just one year I would go back and gather up all the stuff and take it to a reputable taxidermist.

Ironic this came up today as I was going to post something similar. I am on 26 months and keep getting a similar response. The one difference is I have had 3 other deer done by this guy and I know he is a small shop and backed up, but still makes me nervous.

ask for an actual update w/ pics

I usually have to wait 2-3 years for work to be completed. My son is a taxidermist and whenever I ask him what's taking so long his response is, "How much am I charging you for this?".
If you're not related to the taxi, you should be HUGELY PISSED OFF.

Wondering what the deal is? We can all be understanding, but sometimes too nice.

His shop is really small and he has two life size animals taking up room. He did send me pictures. I am a pretty understanding guy generally, but if it’s the same story by the end of the month I will probably go get it.

His shop is really small and he has two life size animals taking up room. He did send me pictures. I am a pretty understanding guy generally, but if it’s the same story by the end of the month I will probably go get it.

Agreed. Life size definitely change things up a bit.

Back