Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

4 years still waiting on my buck. How long is too long?

I'd go pick up my antlers and the cape. He should be able to get his hands on them. It is not sitting in some half unfinished state.

Sent my buck to a highly recommended taxidermist in early dec 2015... he originally gave me a completed by date of June 2016 but when I called him he said he was going to need a few more months due to being a one man side hustle shop. Fine, I was originally figuring 12-18 months for completion. It's now been four years and I've heard from him prob three times and each time its along the lines of "oh itll be done in a month or so" I'm about at the point of calling to say I'm coming to pick up the Cape regardless of stage of completion. Am I wrong for thinking this is a ridiculous amount of time? This is my first mount so maybe I'm overreacting but I'm getting worried I'll never get it back.

Hope you got your buck back...

His shop is really small and he has two life size animals taking up room. He did send me pictures. I am a pretty understanding guy generally, but if it’s the same story by the end of the month I will probably go get it.
Did you ask him if the 2 life sized mounts came into his shop before your buck did? Taxidermy work should be preformed on a first come, first served basis, IMO. You may have been ok with his response, but I don't think I would have been.

Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back