3 Week season for Mule Deer

Your next post of all the Facebook screenshots solidifies my response. One of the bucks you posted isn't even from Montana and he's a frequent flyer on here.

Our management isn't management it blows and will continue it looks like. All we can do is hope anymore. People can continue to not believe it and think it is better but it isn't. Just more morons with more cameras out there throwing hashtags around. There's been plenty of 3 week season districts that tanked once they fully opened.

Looks like ht has quite the new crop.

Your next post of all the Facebook screenshots solidifies my response. One of the bucks you posted isn't even from Montana and he's a frequent flyer on here.

Our management isn't management it blows and will continue it looks like. All we can do is hope anymore. People can continue to not believe it and think it is better but it isn't. Just more morons with more cameras out there throwing hashtags around. There's been plenty of 3 week season districts that tanked once they fully opened.

Looks like ht has quite the new crop.
Ok

Found em.

According to their estimates MT is extremely lobsided for the years and region I looked for bow to rifle kills. 2020 data for region 7 shows 15697 mule deer taken by rifle and only 322 taken with a bow. Those numbers hold pretty consistent for that region back to about 2014 where there's a dip down to 2010. 2015 numbers start coming back up and hold pretty consistent.

Perhaps a way to keep opportunity on the table is to cap rifle tags and offer a bow only tag for residents?

Last edited:
Found em.

According to their estimates MT is extremely lobsided for the years and region I looked for bow to rifle kills. 2020 data for region 7 shows 15697 mule deer taken by rifle and only 322 taken with a bow. Those numbers hold pretty consistent for that region back to about 2014 where there's a dip down to 2010. 2015 numbers start coming back up and hold pretty consistent.

Perhaps a way to keep opportunity on the table is to cap rifle tags and offer a bow only tag for residents?

Wouldn’t read to much into Montana’s harvest reports. Even our biologists say they are not very accurate. I don’t even remember ever being asked what my weapon of choice was.

Found em.

After all the shit talked about here on Montana harvest statistics, by those of us that live and hunt here, why do you believe the numbers? mtmuley

Wouldn’t read to much into Montana’s harvest reports. Even our biologists say they are not very accurate. I don’t even remember ever being asked what my weapon of choice was.
Ahh did not know that. Never been surveyed for deer. Only elk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atlasbranch
Back