Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

3 Generation Wyoming Antelope Hunt

Brittany Chukarman

This hunt was a long time in the planning. My dad is 87 and for the last 3 years has been full time care provider for my mom. His hunting and fishing has really been cut back. I asked him if we could find him some help and arrange it what trip would he like to do. He said Wyoming antelope back to the same area we hunted in 2010. I have 2 nephews who are like sons to me that love to hunt but never go unless I put something together so I included them. One had to drop out so that left my sister's 38 year old son who was to meet up with us in Wyoming. We lost my sister 2 years ago to cancer so this was a good get away for him. I think he had a smile on his face the whole time he was in Wyoming.
Winter kill and disease has really thinned down the antelope, whitetail and mule deer in this area. Driving through the river valley to our hunt area we saw maybe 75% less animals than in 2010. Whitetails were really fewer.
Dad can't walk far and had taken a bad fall 5 days before. He would take the first buck he liked that was close to the truck. Brian and I stalked a buck that he passed on when we saw him close up. That buck was walking in the direction of the road so we hustled back and got dad in range.
This picture is worth a 1000 words. I think I know what he's thinking but would never ask.
On day 2 Brian could hold off no longer. His 1st buck antelope
Dad seemed to be tiring so I filled my tag later that same day
On our hunt we saw elk, a moose, mule deer, whitetail, sage hen, even saw Grizzly bear both coming and going through Yellowstone. What a great time,love that state

Attachments

• 1-IMG_1572.jpg
    1-IMG_1572.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 559
  • 2-IMG_1577.jpg
    2-IMG_1577.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 558
  • 5-IMG_1602.jpg
    5-IMG_1602.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 560
  • 6-IMG_1607.jpg
    6-IMG_1607.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 556
  • 3-IMG_1584.jpg
    3-IMG_1584.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 555
  • 7-IMG_1611.jpg
    7-IMG_1611.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 560
  • 8-IMG_1615.jpg
    8-IMG_1615.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 562
Well done guys!! So great to see guys sharing what we love so much with those that wouldn't get to go without your help and encouragement. Truly a hunt that will be remembered for a lifetime!

That is just too cool. We are hoping to get my grandpa out to Wyoming next year. He will be 85.

Thread of the day! In 20 years my dad will be 88, I'll be 58 and my son will be 25 and I can only hope we can do this very thing.

Thats great. This post really made me wish my dad was still around..

Damn, those pictures are neat. Good for you guys.

Great pictures to remind you of a great trip. You should get one of those shots with all three of you together enlarged for the wall or desk. Always nice to have a reminder of these special times with family during the busy day to day grind of everyday life.

It doesn't get much better.Great memories made on that trip for sure. Im hoping for a three generation in a few years when my oldest is able to hunt.

Back