.277 Fury

80,000 psi ? Maybe a handloader will find a way to "push the envelope" and break that 100,000 threshold. Now we're talking (about blowing up guns, 200 round barrel life, 1 shot brass life). Maybe just fill the case with Bullseye powder and a 210 primer.

I think filling the case with unique would be a better choice, no use in leaving any performance on the table.

Maybe...but don't forget to wear the big red nose, floppy shoes, and rainbow wig.

Wouldn't look anymore out of place than hunting with that thing.

I have a tough enough time with synthetic stocks on rifles...
Ouch. You need to get a McWoody stock.

i like the idea of getting that kind of performance out of a rifle that you could potentially fold in half and put inside your pack. that would be the main selling point for me. sure would be nice to not have to worry about a rifle strapped to your pack or slung over your shoulder all the time

i like the idea of getting that kind of performance out of a rifle that you could potentially fold in half and put inside your pack. that would be the main selling point for me. sure would be nice to not have to worry about a rifle strapped to your pack or slung over your shoulder all the time
Be handy to get out too.

I can see the brass costing a bit more initially, but I cant see it being more difficult or expense to reload. Primer pockets are the limiting factor in brass life and I would think a steel case head would last a very long time.
With that said I have zero interest in the rifle itself. The case design is very interesting to me though. When or if it becomes available in a traditional bolt gun I will have one.

Not so much "Fury" related but I find that on other multi-topic e-interaction sites the vast majority of gun talk is tactical. Conventional hunting platforms are overwhelmingly outliers, even in the hunting sub-forum categories.

It got me thinking, what's the best cartridge tag word out there...fury, catbird, bee, patriot, warbird, wasp, zipper, tactical, blackout?
If we're being literal, "Magnum" is the O.G. marketing buzzword. Whether the flavor is Winchester, Remington, Weatherby, Lapua, Norma....throw a "magnum" on there, and grown men squeal. Add a "short" or an "ultra" if you really want to sell "Mountain Rifles" or "Western Plains Rifles". Worked on the Baby Boomers, works on the millennials.

In the words of Ricky Bobby: "I wanna go fast!"

I don't know about the rest of you mugs, but when someone asks the interwebs, "what's the best caliber for kill'n elks" I'm unequivocally going to suggest the .277 fury.

Bro, it's simple math.

I can see the brass costing a bit more initially, but I cant see it being more difficult or expense to reload. Primer pockets are the limiting factor in brass life and I would think a steel case head would last a very long time.
With that said I have zero interest in the rifle itself. The case design is very interesting to me though. When or if it becomes available in a traditional bolt gun I will have one.
I agree on the ammo design aspect. The two piece case could fall by the wayside completely, or it could alter how future ammo is made, whether some new, trendy buzzword cartridge, or a longer lasting case life for the reloaders shooting traditional cartridges. Ultimately, though I don't intend to buy the rifle or the cartridge, I am curiously keeping an eye that way to see what kind of results real world shooters get.

Could end up like when they tried to come out with electronic guns and electronic ammo some years back. I don't remember the whole concept or everything about them, but I never heard anymore about it. A few articles is all. I'm sure some people bought them, or maybe never went anywhere.

If we're being literal, "Magnum" is the O.G. marketing buzzword. Whether the flavor is Winchester, Remington, Weatherby, Lapua, Norma....throw a "magnum" on there, and grown men squeal. Add a "short" or an "ultra" if you really want to sell "Mountain Rifles" or "Western Plains Rifles". Worked on the Baby Boomers, works on the millennials.

In the words of Ricky Bobby: "I wanna go fast!"
If there was a .300 Creedmoor..... mtmuley

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back