‘22 gardening

Yes, last year deer would take 1 bite out of all my green tomatoes. It seems to not be a problem with my trellis system this year.
Something has been eating NY watermelons off the vine. They don't mess with the bigger ones but one they first start something gets em.

Have any of you dealt with Flea Beetles before? They seem to love my tomatos. Any way to get rid of them?

Have any of you dealt with Flea Beetles before? They seem to love my tomatos. Any way to get rid of them?
I tried for years to avoid using sprays on my vegetable plants, but have realized if I want decent or any harvest I needed to start spraying.
I use an all purpose spray (i think its a bayer product) for insects and disease, with some fungicide added to it on my fruit trees and vegetables as needed.

The garden is rolling with the mix of rain and heat we’ve had the past couple weeks. Cherry tomatoes are thriving and I haven’t grown tired (and probably won’t) of eating the straight off the vine, but what @jryoung has done here intrigues me! Are you willing to share a recipe?
1659651533799.png

The salsa and sauce has been flowing. Tomatoes, tomatillos, and peppers have been doing well in the heat. The real fiery habaneros and Thai chilis are just now coming in.
Here's a pic of a salsa batch ready for the blender and cilantro. I've tries lots of methods but found roasted combo of tomatoes and tomatillos hard to beat.
We've been a bit greedy this year giving away a little less and freezing several batches of salsa.

Attachments

• 20220716_175020.jpg
    20220716_175020.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 4
The salsa and sauce has been flowing. Tomatoes, tomatillos, and peppers have been doing well in the heat. The real fiery habaneros and Thai chilis are just now coming in.
Here's a pic of a salsa batch ready for the blender and cilantro. I've tries lots of methods but found roasted combo of tomatoes and tomatillos hard to beat.
We've been a bit greedy this year giving away a little less and freezing several batches of salsa.
Its ok to look out for yourself first!

Anybody have any good tomato cages? The home depot variety get overwhelmed by this time of year
I let mine go this year and have been battling meadow voles... my plan for next year is to get some bamboo and make a tripod around each tomato plant. Have staked with wood in the past, but they rot out or fall over easily. T posts work really well, but expensive.

The old, sprouted potatoes I found in the back of the cabinet are now 2ft+ tall plants. My greatest Wyoming gardening success so far.
When I’m feeling down on my luck I get on my hands and knees and dig around my potatoe plants with just my hand until I feel a big fat russet potato just under the surface. Than I pull it out, wash it off, lather it in evoo and see salt a toss it on the traeger for an hour or so at 350!

Well so far I’m at four rabbits, one opossum, and one squirrel. The squirrels are hammering the peaches pretty good right now and are getting a couple a day. I need to get a couple more squirrels. Anybody have any really good baits for trapping rabbits or squirrels?

DC5BD356-30DF-43CB-B704-F3CAC62EF849.jpeg53DAF719-AA54-4A25-9340-2403FC46E5F2.jpeg0314750E-389B-4773-A074-49E3EC0F961A.jpeg25A7659D-4F65-4EB3-BC4A-7B660356F14C.jpeg0308D160-E811-43B2-832D-47E565547C3B.jpeg

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back