Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

‘22 gardening

Well so far I’m at four rabbits, one opossum, and one squirrel. The squirrels are hammering the peaches pretty good right now and are getting a couple a day. I need to get a couple more squirrels. Anybody have any really good baits for trapping rabbits or squirrels?

View attachment 233668View attachment 233672View attachment 233673View attachment 233670View attachment 233671
Nature's way of telling you time to pick. Even if they aren't quite there, I'd pick and let them finish on a counter or somewhere in the house. They look delicious.

The last of the harvest! I pulled my remaining green tomatoes yesterday and made a batch of chow-chow, half of which was gone in short order when my sister and a few friends found out, leaving me with half the bounty of a half day's work.

The jars in the center are what's left of a batch of fig preserves I put up last week which suffered the ravages of the same sister and friends.

On the left are my last few tomatoes with the exception of the Romas which are still producing, and the trademark of any true Southern gardener, the late summer okra patch.

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Salsa time! The canner will be running nonstop for a few weeks with different salsas, tomatoes, tomatoe sauces and pickles. Sounds like there’s going to be a ketchup shortage. I might have to try my hand at that too.

Attachments

• 4483EEA3-43E9-4800-ACBD-F61F8BACCDB3.jpeg
    4483EEA3-43E9-4800-ACBD-F61F8BACCDB3.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • AD5D0024-5E58-4174-8658-D8309D802DBB.jpeg
    AD5D0024-5E58-4174-8658-D8309D802DBB.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Salsa time! The canner will be running nonstop for a few weeks with different salsas, tomatoes, tomatoe sauces and pickles. Sounds like there’s going to be a ketchup shortage. I might have to try my hand at that too.
I was just out looking at my tomatoes and peppers, I'm about a week behind you, time for salsa and spaghetti sauce.

First honeydew from the garden today. Probably needed to get the seeds in the ground earlier, they too 4-5 weeks longer than cantaloupe.
Have beans, broccoli, brussel sprouts, cabbage and lettuce still going.
20220914_084228.jpg

My son FaceTimed last night and claimed he ate two apples off the wild trees in the pasture and they are ready. My wife texted me a pic of tomatoes, peppers and beans she picked but was going to give them away because she didn’t have time to process them while I’m hunting.

Back