2024 Wyoming Pronghorn Special Draw fee effects

How did the 2024 increase in Wyoming proghorn special draw fee effect your application?

• 2023 Special Draw - 2024 Regular Draw

Votes: 5 9.6%
  • 2023 Special Draw - 2024 Special Draw

Votes: 9 17.3%
  • 2023 Special Draw - 2024 Points Only

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • 2023 Regular Draw - 2024 Special Draw

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • 2023 Regular Draw - 2024 Regular Draw

Votes: 4 7.7%
  • 2023 Regular Draw - 2024 Points Only

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • 2023 Points Only - 2024 Special Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2023 Points Only - 2024 Regular Draw

Votes: 7 13.5%
  • 2023 Points Only - 2024 Points Only

Votes: 20 38.5%

• Total voters

hogcarpy

There has been a lot of discussion on this forum about the effects of the increase in the Wyoming pronghorn special draw fee. I posted a poll that hopefully will shed some light on how our applications may have changed or not changed. Hopefully we can get a lot of participation. We may see a trend or two. Thanks.

Any unit that took less than 10 points in the special draw I would bet that it will be 6 or less points this year. The attitude of @HiMtnHntr I think resides with a lot of people.

I will gladly although I'm not certain my mind has ever been "right".

I'm really hoping you're right and I can snag a tag in the special with my 3 points that took 5 for a chance last year.
Won't happen

Won't happen
Maybe not! Definitely no slam dunk. I think @seeth07 is being a bit generous with a 4 point deduction for tags that took less then 10 points. But I'm betting on about a 2-1 point reduction in the special for all but top end tags. It's all just opinions till we see how this year shakes out. I will say even if I'm right and odds are better this year once people see that 2025 will be right back to the usual.

Last edited:
Drew last year with the special application and will be back in with special this year. With 0 points it will take some serious luck in the random to draw anything. I hate to think how much I'd be willing to spend to have a Wyoming antelope tag every year. I know it's a heck of a lot more than $1,200.

I poured over the points from last year and boy, it was not as helpful to enter the special draw as it had been in years past. Lots of units took 0 or 1 more point to draw in the regular, a few took less to draw in the regular. There were a couple of gems that were 4 or 5 points less, but I don't think the juice was worth the squeeze. Very likely due to the impending fee hike, we'll see after this year. And for the record, I'm a special draw participant, not biased against it.

I would be willing to pay that for a good hunt, but I’m really counting on finally burning my elk points this year.

I would pay the special price for the right tag (and if I don't draw my other tags), but with zero points I'd need to do more research to see if its possible.

I did regular last year. But this year I'm going to get lucky and draw all my other tags and have a busy fall! So it'll just be points. I can just feel finally getting tag draw luck. Haha

I never know my wyo deer and pronghorn plan till the other results come in. But 1200 gamble is too steep for me to lose the credit card fee

I think the change will be negligible. Maybe slightly more demand in regular but I think the demand in special will not drop nearly as much as everyone is expecting.
Yup, price of everything else has gone through the roof and people haven't stopped this shouldn't be much different at least for now.

Last edited:
I have a hard time justifying a tank of gas to hunt this Wyoming can choke on the piece of this. I also can see them behind my house any day of the week

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back