Yeti GOBOX Collection

2024 Colorado Draw Results Thread

This time last year I had the thrill of seeing Successful for RMBHS - still gives me goose bumps and soooo many memories. Pumped for those who drew! Give it hell - starting now!

i think it's BS they say in the e-mail that "your application was unsuccessful" when all i did was apply for a preference point.

seems to me a wild success if that's what I applied for. throw me a bone and just say "congrats you've been awarded a preference point!"

you know, just a little customer service to help put a smile on

I really hope the draw method doesn't change. It's nice seeing people all over the pp total spectrum drawing tags as it should be!
You might think a little different after putting in 20+ years and spending a few thousand dollars buying preference points. It would be nice to see a some benefit or statistical advantage for the people paying for preference points. I’m one of the fortunate that have drawn a couple of great tags and would still lobby for a different drawing type.

You might think a little different after putting in 20+ years and spending a few thousand dollars buying preference points. It would be nice to see a some benefit or statistical advantage for the people paying for preference points. I’m one of the fortunate that have drawn a couple of great tags and would still lobby for a different drawing type.
The do get a advantage the get more points

there's a massive statistical advantage and benefit for having all those points in the MSG draw...

most people will die without a ram or billy on the wall regardless of whether or not they tweak it. and they better not $*)Q!#@$ tweak it.

The do get a advantage the get more points
Really there is little to no advantage when only a couple tags issued. This is why the majority of tags are going to the new applicants as there are far more new applicants now that the upfront fees were waived. This has been thoroughly discussed and documented on of the other talk
forums. Pull of the draw statistics and look at how many of the tags are given to the low weighted holders versus the high weighted holders.

If you don’t initially draw a low number- you are hosed regardless of how many weighted points you have.

They just don’t issue enough tagsfor the weighted points to pay off With only a couple of tags. This would be a completely different story if they issued 10/20/30/50 tags. But ONE two or three you better have a super low number.

This is why the guy with zero weighted points draws when all the guys with 10+ don’t

Last edited:
Really there is little to no advantage when only a couple tags issued. This is why the majority of tags are going to the new applicants as there are far more new applicants now that the upfront fees were waived. This has been thoroughly discussed and documented on of the other talk forums. Pull of the draw statistics and look at how many of the tags are given to the low weighted holders versus the high weighted holders.

you've been led astray statistically.

last year the average odds of getting a RM Sheep tag as a resident with 3+10 or more was 3.68% and at 3+9 or less the average odds were 0.93%

and that's skewed due to female tags being lumped in those odds.

just because a dumbass on another forum discussed it thoroughly doesn't mean the dumbass knew what they were talking about.

Last edited:

last year the average odds of getting a RM Sheep tag as a resident with 3+10 or more was 3.71% and at 3+9 or less the average odds were 1.38%

just because a dumbass on another forum discussed it thoroughly doesn't mean the dumbass knew what they're talking about.
I might check with that dumbass.
Sounds like you have some good statistics, but 2.5%+ for 20 years worth of $50 points might not be a good decision for a lot of people. If you could afford it, I would buy the preference point..

Regardless, Luck still plays the biggest role whether you buy a preference points or not,as long as you’re in the pool.

I might check with that dumbass.
Sounds like you have some good statistics, but 2% for 20 years worth of $50 points might not be a good decision for a lot of people. If you could afford it, I would buy the preference point..

Regardless, Luck still plays the biggest role whether you buy a preference points or not,as long as you’re in the pool.

it might not be a good decision.

and that's why every resident in every state has to accept that no matter what they might not draw. there are not enough tags to go around for all of us to go to our graves with a ram on the wall. but if you wanna have a chance you gotta play.

just gotta save $0.14 a day to buy your slightly better chance every year! i think most people can pull that off.

it might not be a good decision.

and that's why every resident in every state has to accept that no matter what they might not draw. there are not enough tags to go around for all of us to go to our graves with a ram on the wall. but if you wanna have a chance you gotta play.

just gotta save $0.14 a day to buy your slightly better chance every year! i think most people can pull that off.
I think for $.14 a day a lot of guys could stomach that or sell it to their wives!

They just got to make sure they don’t tell their wives how much it’s gonna cost to get the mount done, before she realizes what where the hell would the thing go in the house?.

last year the average odds of getting a RM Sheep tag as a resident with 3+10 or more was 3.68% and at 3+9 or less the average odds were 0.93%

just because a dumbass on another forum discussed it thoroughly doesn't mean the dumbass knew what they were talking about.
Togie - I see the new stats are out. If you get a chance can you run your program with the 2024. I'm just curious to see the new stats.

Also since I am asking for favors - maybe show the stats for the last couple of years to see if there are any changes or trends occurring.

Thanks-Tim

Nothing here in the Colorado draws as far as sheep and goat. Maybe they will be generous with a moose tag.

Back