Yeti GOBOX Collection

2023 Utah Draw Results

Utah has treated me pretty well….In for “everything” again this year. High hopes for Elk with my points and hunt choice.

Archery deer back when I was a much younger man, 2006
EB66CFF0-8281-482C-AFB1-7BA8C79F9F69.png

archery antelope 2016
789AECED-0F9E-4ACB-A2EC-623BEEC8D8E9.png

2019 spring bear that meant to be archery hunt but ended up a pistol hunt after bow broke down.

EA8195E7-4A55-4942-A369-94CF39578334.png

Last edited:
I've got 17 NR LE Bull points, 10 LE deer and 4 General deer points. Was wanting to try to burn my LE elk points on an archery hunt this year, but my dad should draw a couple tags in Colorado, and the timing was just bad this year. Put in for premium elk and deer tags, so I'm hoping for a random tag. I also put in for a general deer in a unit that took 5 points to guarantee last year. Only tag I've ever drawn in Utah is a general tag 5 years ago in a unit that now takes 7 or 9 points, can't remember. But I didn't see anything there that made me want to wait that long for that tag again. I shot a fork horn on the general tag on the last day, was my 1st mule deer.

Sitting out with 26 NR deer points due to WY & NM hunts this year. But very curious to see how the applicants get shuffled by the downgraded reviews I’ve read about the Henries.

Never happened if no photos. Share!!! LOL
Forgot, my brother drew antelope a couple years ago as well.

DSCN1430.JPG

1682897199480.png

152.JPG
1682897708657-png.274125
Asher antelope.jpeg
1682897817494.png

Attachments

• 1682897708657.png
    1682897708657.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 258
Will never be in a bonus point pool so some years I don’t even bother. Will always apply elk and antelope, this year- want elk so went elk antelope goat, but points for all others.
But your odds would have went up to almost 0.000007% had you gotten that sheep point.

Will never be in a bonus point pool so some years I don’t even bother. Will always apply elk and antelope, this year- want elk so went elk antelope goat, but points for all others.
I just did the math. If I would have sat out on B/S/G, I could have bought five 6-packs of Hopzone and had some change leftover.

New plan for 2024:

Bison
Goat
Desert Bighorn
RM Bighorn

🍺 😀

Last edited:
Should have appplied. Been hearing rumors of them changing their system. Burn points asap
Unfortunately, you could say the exact same thing about the every state. They are all eager to bend over the folks they’ve been taking money from for decades. Because they see other states get away with it I doubt they will reduce tags for my target hunts because they would have to eliminate those hunts completely, as the NR quota is only one per year.

And then these states can’t figure out why poaching is increasing. As if there were no consequences for their actions, LOL. Morons.

I’m in for everything beside general deer (purchased a point) with 8 points. Maybe lighting will strike and I will get something good.

I’m in for everything beside general deer (purchased a point) with 8 points. Maybe lighting will strike and I will get something good.
That is exactly where I am at - good luck to us 8 point guys.

Have drawn a few general buck tags over the years and a pronghorn tag about 5 years ago.

I should draw another general buck tag this year. Have a lot of elk points not sure how the changes are going to effect the odds, but I'm getting close. Everything else is just a hope and a prayer.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back