Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

2023 Super Bowl Vittles

Might watch half time for the commercials..bacon wrapped venison chopsView attachment 264446
When you say chops, what do you mean? I usually cut my backstraps into 5 or 6 inch sections. Smoke them low until they reach 110, then sear on the black stone to get them to medium rare. I’ve been thinking about leaving some bone in like a French cut prime rib.

When you say chops, what do you mean? I usually cut my backstraps into 5 or 6 inch sections. Smoke them low until they reach 110, then sear on the black stone to get them to medium rare. I’ve been thinking about leaving some bone in like a French cut prime rib.
Nah nothing that fancy I usually do the exact same with mine. This time I took one of those pieces and cut 2" thick pieces like a filet mignon then wrapped bacon around the outside edge.

My wife watched a video on the Internet and so we made these.

Bratwurst cut open and made into boats, filled with Costco‘s world-famous artichoke Parmesan dip, topped with jalapeños, then wrapped in bacon, with a light painting of barbecue sauce.

E8AE3CA7-F8B6-4333-8DC4-50A774628F8E.jpeg
F30736E2-CA87-404D-8B4B-8CD38A3451C9.jpeg

The beautiful thing is I’m not even gonna watch the game. Had a G.I. bug yesterday and in the name of not getting my in-laws sick I get to stay home. Going for a little hike and enjoying this 40+ degree weather in February in Montana and I’ve got a couple of these in my guts to fuel me.

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dwaller4449
Back