2023 NCAA Wrestling March Madness

This morning will show a lot about Lee’s mental toughness. He doesn’t want to be wrestling this morning. I wouldn’t be overly surprised if he loses to Courtney.

If Ramos wins tonight he’s OW for the tourney.

If Paris wins tonight he’s the hodge trophy winner.

my girlfriend has become a huge wrestling fan since she met me ,she has loved going to Iowa and Wisconsin duals.

her favorite is spencer and cassioppi. she was in tears last night.

as a former coach I have explained to her, that every dual , tourney someone on your team let's himself, his team his fans have a heartbreaker. someone's gonna gonna royally screw up.

spencer's loss last night was the biggest shocker in my lifetime as a wrestling fan. so much like Dan gable's story, spencer will be better for it in the future.

he has the mental toughness.

I don't think I would wanna be Spencer's next couple opponents. he's gonna rip off body parts.

That's what I figured he would do. I will say he is one he'll of a wrestler, but in my opinion that is a little bitch move. Especially for the overall team.
No denying he is good. 4x all American, 3 time champion is rare territory even if he didn’t reach his goals. I’d be lying if I said I lose a little respect for him for defaulting out. Maybe there is more going on? IDK.

Losing in the semis when you are going for your fourth title and wrestling back for 3rd would have been a very impressive feat. Anyone who loses in the semis and wrestled back to 3rd gets my respect. You are completely focused on your goal of being a champion and you lose late in the evening with an early weigh in the next day. The person you are wrestling first has won at least 2 matches in a row to make it to the consolation quarter semifinals and they are on a roll.

Quitting because he can no longer be Champion, speaks volumes about his character. 19 other wrestlers lost semi final matches, how many of those quit?
Munoz at 184 defaulted to 6th but he was clearly injured in the 3rd period against Keckeisen.

Consolations have been good and they reveal a ton of character....
-Fix gets 4th
-SVN from Penn State gets 3rd, wow!
-Monday gets 3rd
-Henrdickson gets 3rd

157 OConnor just used his man strength and veteran savviness against the freshman Haines.

165 Carr dancing around, takes 5 steps backwards right off the whistle. he should get hit with a stalling. O’toole wins the scramble positions and wins the match. Other than the challenged takedown Carr was not close to scoring.

174 Starocci is just smooth and doesn’t get out of position.

184 Brooks is the perfect combo of power and finesse. When someone talks about chain wrestling and keeping your feet moving they should show a video of him.

197 Bonacorsi had some good misdirection shots. I’m surprised SDSU didn’t challenge the neutral danger.

Heavyweight Parris has added to his arsenal on the feet, on the mat, and in all aspects of wrestling. Should be OW of the tournament and Dan Hodge trophy winner.

125 both of these guys are big 125 lbers. Ramos isn’t doing much offensively, he’s looking for a big move. Glory worked his butt off to get one takedown. But that was enough to win. Glory is not a modest person, I’m sure his post match interview will be great. Shakes Donald Trump’s hand after the match.

133 arujua with a beautiful sweep single to get the first takedown of the match! I always thought arujua was overrated but he just took it to Rby. I said Parris would be OW but I think it will be Arujua.

141 tilt by woods, reversal and double overhooks to the back by Alirez. Alirez with 2 near fall and northern Colorado challenges. Reviews take to long, this needs to change. Woods and spires are talking in the middle of the mat. 7 minute review and they change it to 4 nearfall. That’s the difference.

The ghost of Spencer Lee was looming over Yianni, he played it super safe. Since his cradle v Meredith I’ve been a fanboy.
Both Sasso and Yianni want to get in a scramble situation. It seemed like Yianni would stick that right leg out further to force Sasso to swipe at it.

Thank you @Gellar for your yearly analysis, I really enjoy it and You do far better than I could with your picks. Like you said 197 was a crap shoot and only the family of Ramos predicted that upset.
When Penn State got five in the finales I figured they would get four or five champions, only winning two of the matches surprised me. Penn State wrestlers always seem to find an extra gear in the finals and this you it didn't happen. RBY couldn't find away to deal with the speed of Arujua, Haines looked inexperienced and Kerkvleit lost ground to Parris,

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back