2023 Colorado Sheep & Goat Results

Sadly, I was relegated to apply for the S34 old man archery hunt with 3+14 NR points due to my pacemaker & two torn Achilles. These prevent me from realistically backpack hunting in real sheep country any more. And my chance for any tag is fading now as I’m far too cheap to buy any $100 points to increase those odds microscopically.

Last edited:
it's fun to look at the folks in your bracket who did draw

at 3+2 for residents it was 14/1180 for sheep and 14/958 for goat.

those odds don't predictably mean anything at all, but it keeps a small glimmer in the eye.
Odds are only for people that understand math. I expect to draw every tag I put in for! I drew my CO ram tag with 3+0!!

Keep the faith.

At nearly 80 I can look back and be very appreciative of 1) a very different era and 2) putting in for lots of limited hunts back when it was feasible to draw. 4 bighorn ram permits (Colorado, Idaho, Wy, MT), a bison (UT), 6 moose (UT, WY, ID, 3 MT) , 4 goats (CO, ID, 2 MT), plus multiple elk and deer. I was the only applicant for 10 archery goat permits offered one year (about 1962) in Idaho, which even went to over the counter archery for a few years. When I was 18 or so (1961?), bighorn in the Middle FK of the Salmon were over the counter also and we backpacked in one year but were snowed out. All of the critters I were able to harvest were with a bow but most were not archery only. Now there are just more people with desire View attachment 272310and the same number or less of animals. Social media and the record books haven't helped IMO. Not sure whether I would try now that the odds are so incredibly difficult unless I had a secret wad of cash as the $$$ for points just keeps going up, and the odds go down. Fortunate now bird hunting doesn't require points and I enjoy hunting whitetail does.
This photo is awesome

Odds are only for people that understand math. I expect to draw every tag I put in for! I drew my CO ram tag with 3+0!!

Keep the faith.
You are definitely a math denier!

And when you do things like draw sheep at 3+0 it just eggs you on! But draw odds are just probabilities. 0.0001 probability sometimes beats 99.999 probability.

$100 charge just showed up for me. My son still gets the free point so we will have to wait for the unsuccessful email for him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Oras
Back