2022 Toyota Tundra

Correct, the Crewmax cab will be available with a 6.5' bed is what I have seen in the youtube videos. I wonder if it will turn the engine off at every stop? Can I fit chains on the front? Can I get a platinum or 1794 without a sunroof? Can I get the TRD off road option on the platinum or 1794? I have lots of questions still.

I just put new tires on my '03 Tacoma, so I won't be in the market for another 5-7 years ;)

I'll certainly take a look at it next time I'm buying a truck. Just wish the dimensions or the half tons weren't so out of control. For example, the newer trucks (crew cab short bed) range from 228.1-232.9" length and 80-82.1" wide with bed lengths 66-69.6". By contrast a 2004 F150 was 224" long and 78.9" wide. But the midsize trucks are too small and underpowered if u want to haul gear, people, kids, or tow a camper.

Would like to see something slot in between with dimensions around 225"x78"x69". But they won't make the half tons smaller so maybe eventually the mid sized trucks will grow to that size now that minitrucks (maverick, Santa Cruz, etc.) are back.

That's the only thing I appreciate that they did was finally make a 6.5' bed on a crewmax. I wish they didn't get rid of the V8, that thing was legendary in reliability and longevity. I know everyone is moving towards smaller turbocharged engines, but it's hard to argue with the simplicity of a good ol V8. I wish they would have added the two new v6 options and kept the V8 as a 3rd option but that's just wishful thinking.

I think I'll buy a 2020 or older and keep an eye on what these new ones do the next 5+ years.

Totally agree. If the 6.5 bed was available with the crewmax when I bought mine I'd have one. Still can't justify buying a new truck when my '11 still runs like new with 135k miles with zero issues.

can not put a snow plow on it due to the crash avoidance system or you need to disable it due to no software override with a plow.

dealer does not think software will be coming

Anyone see that new Chevy ZR2? They're throwing their big v8 into a pretty bad ass looking truck.
The new Toyota does look like it's going to be a good one. Hopefully the reliability as good as the previous generation.
I just bought the ZR2

Sounds like there have been a number of issues with the turbo wastegate on the new Tundra. Haven’t been following it as of late, preliminary thoughts were either a programming issue and/or machining tolerances.

Nice looking truck. You get the option with the rear locker?

Sounds like there have been a number of issues with the turbo wastegate on the new Tundra. Haven’t been following it as of late, preliminary thoughts were either a programming issue and/or machining tolerances.

The rear locker is a big part of what got me to splurge.

The story I've seen on turbos is there was an issue with a wastegate actuator supplier. I spent entirely too much time reading Facebook and forum posts on the frequency of the issue and my feel is that it's not that widespread.

Decided I'm going to roll the dice. It's roll the dice with an abused 300k mile 4runner, or a fancy new tundra with a warranty.

The F150 is rolling strong at 120k but one of these tundras is tempting in the next couple years!

I ordered one back in February. It was built in March and still hasn’t made it to Idaho. Hopefully she turns up soon.

Due to the changes they made I sold my 2012 with 150k miles. Only lost 1/3 of the new cost in depreciation which was nice.

Picked up the TRD package. With some new tires, a leveling kit, airbags for towing and maybe a new bumper it should cover my needs for the next decade.

Yep I had an issue with the wastegate on mine. Only happened once, and they couldn't duplicate it at the dealership. The current problem with mine is the AC. The dealer has had the parts ordered for 3 weeks and still can't get an ETA. We're having heat advisories here so I'm getting a bit agitated with Toyota. I guess expecting the AC to work on a 3 month old, $60,000 truck is too much to ask for. Frankly, I wish I had bought a F150....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back