Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

2022 Toyota Tundra

I'm averaging around 16.5 mpg on the highway with the 285/75-18 E rated toyo AT3s. It seemed to be more around 17.5 when the Temps were warmer. Going back and forth to work I was averging around 17 mpg before the temps dropped. It's more like 14 now but it really doesn't get up to temp in the short drive.

I want to say I was doing around 18.5 with the stock papermache 265/70-18s, but I replaced them at around 600miles.

I have to say that my 2009 ram 1500 did as good or better when it was stock with the stock tires. After I put bigger tires, a lift, and an aftermarket bumper on it I was getting 13 across the board highway or in town. I would imagine that if I lift this truck and kill the aerodynamics with a bumper it will do similarly.

@Wind Gypsy

Basically same story as @pyrotechnic again.

I was getting 18 city/ highway mixed with stock tires and 20ish on the highway. I put the bigger tires on and lost about 3 mpg.

I just drove from Oregon to Santa Barbara and got 16.7 mpg (hand calculated) doing about 75 most of the way with moderate interstate traffic.

I do think the Les Shwab ATs I chose are on the heavy side. I suspect it would be better with a toyo or BFG AT that is closer to 50 lbs.

I don't know what happened with MPG this winter. I usually lose 1-1.5 mpg with the winter gas mix. This year I lost 4 mpg.
I was told they upped the alcohol in gas a few months ago, so that may be the issue.
Anybody else notice this issue?

Guy at work said ha gets terrible gas mileage when pulling a Ranger sxs to his duck camp. Said empty he burns half a tank. Pulling his Ranger he said he has to fill up 3 times. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Guy at work said ha gets terrible gas mileage when pulling a Ranger sxs to his duck camp. Said empty he burns half a tank. Pulling his Ranger he said he has to fill up 3 times. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Some models come with a 22 gallon tank. Mine is 32 thankfully.

‘16 Tundra 1794 here. I’d buy a new one…except my dealer insists on a $20k “market Adjustment”.

Yeah. No thanks. I can wait.

Somehow, the dealer was surprised. “That’s it? No negotiation?“

/sigh…I have no words anymore.

@FI460
I'm just over 7k.
This cold has been absolutely raping my gas mileage. Part of it may be that I didn't have this information with my last truck and i justdidn't realize it. But over the summer I would usually average 20mpg on the 5 mile trip home, it's downhill at around 45-55 for most of it. Today it told me I averaged 6.6mpg lol granted that's with a decent amount of warmup time, but I've been lucky to see that trip in the mid teens the last couple weeks.

@FI460
I'm just over 7k.
This cold has been absolutely raping my gas mileage. Part of it may be that I didn't have this information with my last truck and i justdidn't realize it. But over the summer I would usually average 20mpg on the 5 mile trip home, it's downhill at around 45-55 for most of it. Today it told me I averaged 6.6mpg lol granted that's with a decent amount of warmup time, but I've been lucky to see that trip in the mid teens the last couple weeks.

I dont let the Tundra idle as much but my v8 4runner mpg got hammered in the winter.

All the way from Santa Barbara home yesterday and I did 17 mpg.

I dont let the Tundra idle as much but my v8 4runner mpg got hammered in the winter.

All the way from Santa Barbara home yesterday and I did 17 mpg.
I'm pretty sure it's mostly just burning alot of fuel getting up to temp. Having theinformation right there on the screen compared to my old truck just makes it super obvious. Did a 200ish mile road trip last weekend and averaged 16.5. I've got pretty big and heavy tires so I think that's pretty fair.

** REVISED**
After MUCH due diligence and calls, deep dives I pulled the plug on the Tundra. Seems like there's ALOT of negativity out there about this new series. i went ahead and bit the bullet on a beautiful 2023 Crew Cab - Rapid Red metallic F250 Lariat 6.7 diesel 4X4. Good lord they are proud of these babies! I knew its what I truly wanted but spending an addition 20k is hard to swallow however my old ass wont be needing another....Should arrive in mar/april...
Still looking for recs on the below items now including preferred oils...I'm a Mobil 1 guy on my f150 since day one and its been good to me however I know opinions vary.. What say you?

** REVISED**
After MUCH due diligence and calls, deep dives I pulled the plug on the Tundra. Seems like there's ALOT of negativity out there about this new series. i went ahead and bit the bullet on a beautiful 2023 Crew Cab - Rapid Red metallic F250 Lariat 6.7 diesel 4X4. Good lord they are proud of these babies! I knew its what I truly wanted but spending an addition 20k is hard to swallow however my old ass wont be needing another....Should arrive in mar/april...
Still looking for recs on the below items now including preferred oils.I'm a Mobil 1 guy on my f150 since day one and its been good to me however I know opinions vary.. What say you?
Y

‘16 Tundra 1794 here. I’d buy a new one…except my dealer insists on a $20k “market Adjustment”.

Yeah. No thanks. I can wait.

Somehow, the dealer was surprised. “That’s it? No negotiation?“

/sigh…I have no words anymore.
I spoke to 15 Ford dealers as well as Toyota when I was interested in the Yota and my FIRST question was are you charging a market adjustment, dealer premium, customer premium and if they said yes i told the I would never do biz with and extorsionist and hung up. it's a poor way to develop customer loyalty and in you case they expect the smart ones to negotiate and the others to swallow the raping.... sad

Research...research...research... I had a deposit on one and pulled it..lotta bad flyin around.

It's largely overblown. I'm racking up miles pretty quickly and loving every minute of it. My brother has the same truck plus hybrid and he towed his trailer all across Oregon this summer without a hiccup.

When you have 70k people in a Facebook group for a new model truck before they've even hit a dealership lot any issue is bound to be exponentially amplified. I don't think any other truck has had this level of scrutiny, and I owned a first year 6.0L powerstroke.

Last edited:
Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gcporteous
Back