Yeti GOBOX Collection

2022 HuntTalk NASCAR Fantasy League open for business

Is it just me or does this whole single lug need to go away? So many loose tires....every fricken week! only this week it impacts MY DRIVER UGH

and another loose wheel....must be something to do with the track and tire wear/turning where its loosing up the lug

Tire issue is pit crew not getting it tight before the car hits the ground.

I have a hard time believing that when it happened to like 6 drivers today....something is wrong with the system, not the people
I’m still undecided, they always had loose wheels with the 5 lug system too. Most of the time trying to cut a fraction of a second on the pit stop was the cause

I’m still undecided, they always had loose wheels with the 5 lug system too. Most of the time trying to cut a fraction of a second on the pit stop was the cause
yes, it did happen...rarely. thats because if one lug failed, there were others to still keep er together.

something is certainly different with this one lug system to the one lug system of indy cars. there aren't wheels coming off all over the place in those races. Maybe it is pit crews just not picking up on what is required but I'm really starting to highly doubt that. That dude has one job, run the gun. He practices it daily. He knows what it takes and since fuel now controls the length of the pit stop, not the tires, I'm sure he is making sure he hits that hammer an extra half second each time. Today, I know of at least twice when it was 2 tire change and the wheel came off. You're telling me that the gun man didn't extra extra make sure that lug was on?

yes, it did happen...rarely. thats because if one lug failed, there were others to still keep er together.

something is certainly different with this one lug system to the one lug system of indy cars. there aren't wheels coming off all over the place in those races. Maybe it is pit crews just not picking up on what is required but I'm really starting to highly doubt that. That dude has one job, run the gun. He practices it daily. He knows what it takes and since fuel now controls the length of the pit stop, not the tires, I'm sure he is making sure he hits that hammer an extra half second each time. Today, I know of at least twice when it was 2 tire change and the wheel came off. You're telling me that the gun man didn't extra extra make sure that lug was on?
You’re right, they didn’t come off because of multiple lug nuts. When you only have one there’s less room for error.

Indy cars don’t weigh near what a stock car does and don’t race many ovals. That creates a lot of load on the single lugs

You’re right, they didn’t come off because of multiple lug nuts. When you only have one there’s less room for error.

Indy cars don’t weigh near what a stock car does and don’t race many ovals. That creates a lot of load on the single lugs
that was exactly my point about Dover. The load demand on those cars is more than any track they have seen so far due to the forces the track creates with its banking and elevation changes. Not the mention the bouncing from the concrete expansion joints. Car just got its first test on the single lugs and failed horribly

Looks like @seeth07 should be copying the wife's picks if he wants to break 350. KFP for the win and I am now within 60 points of Dave! Next up Darlington, "the lady in black", where anything can happen and probably will.

that was exactly my point about Dover. The load demand on those cars is more than any track they have seen so far due to the forces the track creates with its banking and elevation changes. Not the mention the bouncing from the concrete expansion joints. Car just got its first test on the single lugs and failed horribly
Hamlin's tire fell off leaving pit road. Didn't get it tight.

If the lug nut isn't tight before the car hits the ground it will be loose. Picture changing your own tire. When you put the tire on the hub it hangs a little crooked. Balance. It squares up as you run the nuts down. If you set the car down on the ground while it is still hanging crooked you will never get your lug nuts tight. THAT is why these tires come off. Jack man lets the car down a split second before the changer gets the lug run down tight leaving it hanging slightly off kilter and then loose as the car drives off.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhiskyRichard
Back