Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

2021 Hunt Plans

1.Montana Unlimited Sheep.
2.North Carolina Black Bear.
3. Anything I draw that doesn’t conflict with the first two.

MT Winter wolf hunt
MT Chase some cats
MT Spring Bear (Archery)
Summer Scout (sheep,goats)
Montana Mountain Goat Hunt (🤞)
Unlimited Sheep
Mule Deer

In between all that take my wife out.
Hope you can knock down a few predators there on your list. Do you hunt the mountain lions with dogs?

Caribou drop camp with my best friend in Alaska

Deer, Elk, Antelope points in Colorado and Wyoming
Deer, Elk points in Arizona

May try to squeeze in a doe antelope hunt in Wyoming.

Gonna try to go back to NM for elk w/ a CO fallback plan.
Tx Whitetail & bonus swine
Maybe some points for CO Mule Deer

Mine will be as follows:

Ice fishing for walleye in green bay March
Turkey in IN/MI April/May maybe a western state also for spring turkey.
Black bear on POW island in May
June, annual fishing trip to boundary waters in MN
Antelope in MT & WY, should draw
IN deer
Me and my son will put in for oryx in NM
I will also be putting my Son in for some hard to draw elk tags
points for the rest of the states.

Residency switch to WY, so I’ll be focusing there next year and bailing on UT. Quality of the area I hunt in UT does not justify NR cost. Antelope draw and OTC Deer, Elk and Bear in WY. Will also put in for NR Big Game Combo in MT.

Let's see:

AK
Im still in non resident jail for Alaska so I'll be applying for NR tags here, more than likely doing the OTC route for Moose/Black Bear. Might spend a couple days chasing Caribou. Also doing all the fishing allowed to fill the freezer. On top of all that, will be tagging along on a sheep hunt and doing some scouting for '22 when I'm out of NR jail

AZ
I'll still be in the game for Elk and Mule Deer

NV
Maybe one day I'll draw Elk, had to turn in my late season Mule deer tag this year cause I moved to AK/COVID

NM
Don't think I'll be applying unless my friend wants to

WY
Buying an overpriced Elk/Mule Deer point

Last edited:
Hopefully 2 Wyoming antelope trips.
Iowa archery deer
Iowa early muzzle loader deer
Elk and mule deer points for Wyoming and Colorado.
And of course alot of fishing.

Heading Idaho Spring Bear/Wolf beginning May.
Colorado in September.
Back Idaho in late October for Mule deer.

Figure all the spring turkey, trapping, waterfowl, and whitetail deer at home we do ain't worth mentioning...

South Africa in March to see an old school friend for some fishing and hunting. UK stalking through out the year for Roe, Muntjac, Fallow and Water deer.

February and March will be running jugs for catfish
April and May will be turkey hunting here in NC
September will be bow hunting whitetails here
October will be general elk in WY for the first time
Then back to NC for whitetail the rest of the year

Wyoming general elk.

Waterfowl at home

Try to do a little more whitetail hunting tong at home sort of let it go to the wayside last couple of years

Mine will be

Arizona Long Shot for Elk Archery
Montana Big Game Combo
New Mexico Long Shot for Elk Archery or Rifle
Colorado 3rd Season for Elk/Deer if i don't draw NM or WY
Wyoming Antelope and Cow Elk
San Diego Bluefin and Yellowfin Tuna July and August
Maybe do some scouting/camping if I draw an Archery Tag

Mine will be,
NM mule deer
NM lion
NM bear
NM barbary otc possibly
Will be putting in for every species in NM also.
Possibly private land deer in Kansas or Oklahoma on my families land I'm feeling rich enough, and depending on if I draw any additional tags in NM.

Last edited:
My whiteboard still looks like a NASA engineer trying to prove he's the smartest guy in the room. Not sure what 2021 will be, but I'm going pronghorn hunting somewhere, somehow. I've missed two years without pronghorn, a first since I moved to Montana in 1991. Not again.

After cancelling our Oregon hunt due to COVID, Matthew and I now have missed our annual hunt for two years in a row. Making up for that will be the highest priority of 2021. Hopefully Nevada or Utah will take his pile of elk points and I can tag along.

Uncles Mike and Larry want to party app and do a joint Wyoming deer/antelope hunt. I won't have a tag, but I will be there for the comedy act that is sure to unfold. Camera guys are already jostling for who gets to film that one. Larry has enough points that their party should draw a decent unit.

As always, I have a legacy trip back to the home grounds of Minnesota on the calendar, but those always seem to get pushed aside by some special tag or hunt we end up drawing. Maybe this is the year to keep that on the calendar.

Will open 2021 with an archery javelina and archery Coues in Arizona. Just too much fun with too nice of weather to not continue that tradition.

Will likely try for Wyoming General elk again this year. Will try to not have such a clogged schedule where I can give it a true effort that the tag deserves.

Would like Arizona to take my elk points and allow me to hunt late season elk the week following Thanksgiving. Seeing how the points required has grown, that might be a 2022 endeavor.

Montana elk will be a focus on archery. Our archery elk hunting is far better than our rifle hunting. Not sure why I am stupid enough to be in other states during September. I might go back to some of the places I used to hunt regularly in the Breaks, if I can draw the archery tag.

By the time the draws are done, this wish list will probably be so full of holes that I is a waste of time to predict the hunts for 2021.

Uncles Mike and Larry want to party app and do a joint Wyoming deer/antelope hunt. I won't have a tag, but I will be there for the comedy act that is sure to unfold. Camera guys are already jostling for who gets to film that one. Larry has enough points that their party should draw a decent unit.
O that will be a fun one to watch😁

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shed God
Back