Caribou Gear

2019 WY Sheep

Great ram Buzz ! I agree sheep hunting should be undertaken before you hit 50, I waited an extra 6 years for my hunt.
Just wondering if you left the cape in Cody for mounting or is one of Laramie's finest taxidermists mounting him for you ? Darroll has at least 5 sheep in his shop now, from this year, to mount. No doubt he will do a great job on all of them.

Congrats again, well done sir!

Steve Marrou over in Cheyenne gets all my work. I know Darroll pretty well too and he's a very good taxidermist and he's good friends with Steve.

BTW, congrats on your sheep, very well done!

Great ram!

And nice write-up and pics.

I love sheep hunting and hope to draw a Rocky Mountain one of these years. 38 years of applying in several states and still no tag for me and like you I just turned 50.

Hope the tag gods shine on me soon but until then I enjoyed living vicariously through you on this one!

Buzz, congrats on an outstanding ram and even better hunt. I’m just a guy on the internet to you, yet you were kind enough to pass along some tips for a deer hunt I drew last season. Nice to see that your good deed is rewarded by your two friends.
I’ve drawn one sheep tag and killed one ram. That’ll probably be it for me. When making that stalk, it must be what a kicker feels like as he walks out to kick the winning field goal in the Super Bowl. A whole lot is riding on that shot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back